Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Parenting Multiples

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2009 at 8:54 PM
  • 11 Replies

Twins, triplets, and more...tell us your experiences.

by on Sep. 19, 2009 at 8:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dipebrei
by on Sep. 19, 2009 at 9:03 PM

I have twins....had them at thirty after already having two singletons. I have a boy and girl. Its the hardest thing I've ever ever done but I am overwhelmed by the double dose of love too!   I breastfed tandem for 4 months and then switched to formula.  The boy was 7lbs 15oz and the girl was 7bls 14oz and they took me three weeks early!

The hardest part is trying to give each enough attention I think.  They are 2 and a half now and are really starting to be good buddies. 

niknik1976
by on Sep. 20, 2009 at 12:08 PM

I'm 32 and a mother 0f 4 year old twin boys. My boys were born 38 weeks so full term for twins... James was 1st weighing in at 5lbs 6oz and John was 5lbs They both came home at the same time as myself... My step dad passed away 6 days after they were born so I was not able to breastfeed. My stress level was kind of high dealing with my mom and the funeral.. I have a older son from my previous relationship and my husband has 2 daughters from his 1st marriage.. So when we decided to have one our self twins was a shock!!! Twins did not run in are family there are a few sets on my husbands side but it was one of those great aunts or great great some one in the family.. I love my boys some days it is hard but other days it is so great... And now I have a 3 month old too... So together we have 6 kids his, mine and ours:)..

MomofFour232629
by on Sep. 20, 2009 at 12:16 PM

I'm 32..I have 2 year old b/g twins. Before having them I had 2 singletons. My twins were a huge surprise..but loved twice as much! I had them at 34 weeks after an emergency c/s. They both spent 14 days in the nicu and came home on apnea monitors for 4 months. They have both been delayed in all areas but Aiden is pretty much on track now. Ava is still behind, she is on the Autism spectrum, which is all new to me. She is in physical therapy & speech therapy..they are going well. Our biggest challenge thus far would be Occupational therapy..our insurance doesn't want to cover that therapy. But, Ava only eats 2 different baby foods and Pedasure, that's it! So, hopefully it will all work out soon. I love being a Mommy of twins, it has it's challenges but I wouldn't change it for the world.

oliver92
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:14 PM

We have 2 11 yr old boys. they r not twins. we met when they were still in cribs before 2 yrs old. i thought having 2 babies and  toddlers was rough, but pre teens and attitudes are kicking our butts and brains and patience. :) we also have 3 yr old and baby on way.  They have their own bond and way with each other always have.  its like something no one else can break into, its amazing really.  we have one that suffers from rad and is further behind in schooling and maturity, the other is ahead, struggling in school this year but thats mainly from lazy i think. we deal with a lot from having basically a special needs child with psychological issues, the biggest issue in our house is the negative attention he gets and struggle to ensure the other boys get the proper attention in positive ways with all the drama created.  anytime you have more than one child its the attention that is hard to evenly pass around when one child needs something more from parents than the others. :) 

Dabberdoo
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Not sure what to say. We have 6 children and the twins were numbers 4 and 5 for us. I breast fed for 15 months. Having the twins was a great thing for our family and I wouldn't change a thing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
diaperstodating
by Angel on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:02 AM
I don't have multiples ... just reading the stories.
e-doolittle
by Kelly on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:18 AM
Me too

Quoting diaperstodating:

Armygirl2299703
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:02 AM

Me three. lol

I do have a close friend who recently had b/g twins. They're precious.

My bf and I have a daughter each though, 6 months apart. Hope thats as close to twins as we get because my goodness, those two give us a run for our money some days. Love it, but whew.

Quoting e-doolittle:

Me too

Quoting diaperstodating:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers

Shaybay218
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:03 AM

I don't have twins but, they run in my family...I have a cousin who is expecting triplets in a few months!

mrsary
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:10 AM
Thank God I haven't had multiples!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN