Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Polar Express Train

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2009 at 12:48 PM
  • 13 Replies

I know it's early yet to be thinking about this but has anyone taken their children on the Polar Express Train? Dh and I heard about it last year but we had just moved so we didn't get to take them but this year we are wanting to. I was just curious if it is worth the money and the time (the nearest one to me is 2 hours away).

Happy Autumn!

falling_leaves

by on Sep. 21, 2009 at 12:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michelle_04
by on Sep. 21, 2009 at 1:12 PM

what is the polar express train? i've seen the movie but never heard of the train

blessedmom2458
by on Sep. 21, 2009 at 1:16 PM

Oh how fun!  We dont have one anywhere near us so I dont know what it is like, but if your little one is anything like mine they would love it no matter what!  My kids love, love, love that movie!  We are on our 3rd copy of it b/c it keeps getting worn out from being watched so much....lol.

usandthem1971
by on Sep. 21, 2009 at 1:55 PM

http://www.traintraveling.com/events/polar-express-trains/index.shtml

I am hoping that my boys will like this. They are encouraged to wear their pj's too! lol My older girls are excited about going and they want to do the pj thing too but I think they are bit old for that. lol I just hope it's as good an experience as the movie. My boys don't remember the movie cause they are only 3 so we will be watching it a few times real soon. :) But they LOVE trains so I am hoping this will become a yearly event for us!

Happy Autumn!

falling_leaves

michelle_04
by on Sep. 21, 2009 at 2:58 PM

that is so cool...it comes to canada, but only B.C :(

we have a train that goes around at christmas that is decorated, and they have singers, but nothing like that. 

bugnbeesmomrae
by on Sep. 21, 2009 at 5:03 PM

My girls and I went on it a couple of years ago. It was a lot of fun and the kids had a blast. I would love to do it again. The one we went to was in Northern Ohio.

rhilynn3
by on Sep. 21, 2009 at 5:56 PM

I have taken my youngest son the last 2 years and it's a 3 hour drive for us. He LOVED it.

usandthem1971
by on Sep. 22, 2009 at 7:26 AM

Thank you ladies for your input. I am excited about this and I hope my boys love it as well. We are going to get them special pj's for it and make a weekend mini vaca out of it. Should be fun. :)

Does anyone know if we can take pics?

Happy Autumn!

falling_leaves

mommymailloux
by on Sep. 23, 2009 at 7:24 AM

We heard about the Polar Express Train, I think they do something in Grand Rapids MI area but I have never checked into it.  My kids would love it..my oldest loves the movie.  What a great idea?  Does anyone know more about this...Have a great day.

llee815
by on Sep. 23, 2009 at 9:57 AM

We did the Polar Express train a few years ago through our park district so I'm not sure it's the same. My DD had so much fun!! We were able to take pics. I'd love to be able to do this again.

Leslie

a76mcb
by on Sep. 23, 2009 at 3:59 PM

I have to show my dh this, we have one in CA but for us it's like 6ish hours away from where we live so who knows but we watch the movie the night before Xmas when it's our turn to have them....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN