Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Daily Schedule

Posted by on May. 24, 2008 at 3:25 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 151 Total Views
Does this look like a good schedule for a Kindergartner?

Example Daily Schedule:

8-8:30 Circle time

8:30-9 Bible

9-9:30 Reading

9:30-10 Health/Gym

10-10:30 Fine motor

10:30-11 Math

11-12 Lunch

12-12:30 Rest

12:30-1 Science

1-1:30 Language arts paper work

1:30-2 Fine arts

2-2:30 Social studies

Wife to Daniel....Mommy to:

Alexa and Alivia      Emma          Kerri Jo

by on May. 24, 2008 at 3:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
gr8_2_b_a_mom
by Member on May. 25, 2008 at 12:24 AM
BUMP

TAT191
by Member on May. 25, 2008 at 10:11 AM
It looks like a nice schedule but without knowing how you plan to study each topic I can not say if it is a good K schedule. It really just depends on what your child can handle & how they learn the best. I would rather see activities instead of workbooks in K when possible. It is also extremely important, I think, to be flexable. Your child may need to do the harder things in the morning while his/her mind is fresh. My boys do better with an easy "transition" activity before we buckle down for math each day. Having said that you may find that you need to adjust things some once you start and get a better feel of how it may work better. Also do not live by the clock, some days it may take longer to finish up an activity than you expected. That is okay. Just remember that we are doing this to make sure that our children get what they need. Telling yourself that it is okay to learn as you go is the best gift that you can give your child.
I say this because I started K with a schedule and was determined to stick with it. It almost ruined our fist year. I have now learned to go more with the flow. If something does not work, change it. If the program you have does not work, drop it or change it to fit you & your child. I no longer do a schedule, more of a list that needs to get done. We go down the list and take the time that is needed with no pressure. Some live for schedules, we just could not do it and I just want you to know that things will be fine either way.  
Stephanie B. in S.C.

I have two wonderful boys ages 7 (10-3-00) and 5 (8-2-02).

gr8_2_b_a_mom
by Member on May. 25, 2008 at 10:44 PM

Quoting TAT191:

It looks like a nice schedule but without knowing how you plan to study each topic I can not say if it is a good K schedule. It really just depends on what your child can handle & how they learn the best. I would rather see activities instead of workbooks in K when possible. It is also extremely important, I think, to be flexable. Your child may need to do the harder things in the morning while his/her mind is fresh. My boys do better with an easy "transition" activity before we buckle down for math each day. Having said that you may find that you need to adjust things some once you start and get a better feel of how it may work better. Also do not live by the clock, some days it may take longer to finish up an activity than you expected. That is okay. Just remember that we are doing this to make sure that our children get what they need. Telling yourself that it is okay to learn as you go is the best gift that you can give your child.
I say this because I started K with a schedule and was determined to stick with it. It almost ruined our fist year. I have now learned to go more with the flow. If something does not work, change it. If the program you have does not work, drop it or change it to fit you & your child. I no longer do a schedule, more of a list that needs to get done. We go down the list and take the time that is needed with no pressure. Some live for schedules, we just could not do it and I just want you to know that things will be fine either way.
I am very much a 'list person' so that would work great for me.  I just worry about getting the right amount of hours for the year (every student had to have 900 hrs every year).  If I do a list then how do I deal with the hours?  How do you do it?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN