Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Record keeping

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:03 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 314 Total Views

So I'm reading a book put out by the WPA so far its been pretty helpful since i am trying to get all the details about what our state 'wants' from homeschooling and what not. Now its my understanding that in WI we only need to keep attendance records, but i have read that it is a good idea to keep other forms of records. So we can see how our children are progressing, keeping track of what there learning or in case we need some kind of prof for some reason that our children are learning what they 'shoud' be. So my question is, what kind of record keeping does your family use/ works for you?

*Estrella*

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
sportymom76
by on Aug. 31, 2009 at 7:30 PM

I posted something similar on anothe rgroups board and the main response I got was that in the elementary years most people don't keep too many records, but a couple people recommended a website homeschooltracker.com I believe is what it was.  Me personally I would think you would at least want to keep a portfolio of some kind.  Examples of good and poor work so you can see their progress.  Teachers keep portfolios at most schools so I guess the way I see it is why wouldn't you do it at home?

MaaMee6317
by on Sep. 10, 2009 at 12:31 PM

Hey I'm also from WI.  To be on the safe side I keep EVERYTHING I have a calendar and a lil organize notebook.   In the notebook I have for example    -   Monday September 7 2009 Labor Day at the top then below  Math 1:00 pm - 1:45pm adding 1-10 History  2:00 pm - 2:45 pm History of Labor Day with 5 questions to answer     -   I just go on like that to make sure they know EVERYTHING I also plan to keep the notebooks and loose papers used for all his work just so they can see the proof as well if we run into any problems I know it can be such a pain but its just better to be safe then sorry =]   This is my first time every doing Homeschooling so really I'm not even sure if I'm missing any thing I hope it helps some

tiriedmom
by New Member on Aug. 30, 2011 at 5:24 PM

Some of the online things are nice, but i still like the old fashion way, so i record everything in a book that i got from amazon, its called: THE TEACHER PLAN BOOK BY SCHOLASTIC. IT HAS REALLY HELPED ME. So if you have any other questions, let me know.

Heather

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)