Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Green screen?

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2008 at 7:10 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 378 Total Views

I was wondering if anyone used the green screens or digital backdrops?  If you do, how easy are they to use?  Do they look realistic?  Do you feel like you have saved money doing this?  Thanks!

You don't take a photograph, you make it. -Ansel Adams

llpalady. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

by on Oct. 14, 2008 at 7:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
annettenikole
by New Member on Oct. 20, 2008 at 5:05 PM

I am by no means a pro... but I guess I've kind of used a green screen of sorts!  You see we painted our living room green (it's bright, almost the color of an actual green screen... dh's choice, ug)  But I've taken a few pictures of my daughter in front of the wall and it actually works out pretty nicely for removing the background.  I don't have any nice digital backgrounds like a studio would, so my wasn't terribly realistic (I did one with clouds all around) but it worked out nicely! 

Hopefully someone who actually does this professionally can help you :-)

duckey060504
by Group Owner on Oct. 20, 2008 at 11:19 PM

can you post a pic??

Quoting annettenikole:

I am by no means a pro... but I guess I've kind of used a green screen of sorts!  You see we painted our living room green (it's bright, almost the color of an actual green screen... dh's choice, ug)  But I've taken a few pictures of my daughter in front of the wall and it actually works out pretty nicely for removing the background.  I don't have any nice digital backgrounds like a studio would, so my wasn't terribly realistic (I did one with clouds all around) but it worked out nicely! 

annettenikole
by New Member on Nov. 12, 2008 at 1:05 AM

haha... sorry, I havent' been around this board very much... I'm going to look for the pics... but it's late so hopefully I remember tomorrow!

Quoting duckey060504:

can you post a pic??

Quoting annettenikole:

annettenikole
by New Member on Nov. 12, 2008 at 1:14 AM

OK, found one that was already uploaded online so it was easy!  It's not my Cala Lily photo but I took the photo of my little girl (her name is Lilly, so it was perfect)

Here's the edit:

(yeah, so not really realistic with what I've done)

here's the original

so essentally I used the magic wand to remove the background and it worked pretty well... it the wall were flatter (it has little bumps in it) and was properly lit it would have been super easy to remove.  Tomorrow i'll look at see if I have any better ones on my computer.

annettenikole
by New Member on Nov. 12, 2008 at 11:10 PM

here's another that I found with just the green wall replaced... the picture in the back is just something that came with my computer, not my picture.  Also, I didn't know this when I first did these since I just got the photo editing software, but corel PSP X2 has a background eraser that works pretty well with my green wall too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN