Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello! I am a new member and I too watch infomercials and just started back up with Slim in 6. I am also a weight watchers member and in 3 weeks I have lost 7 pounds. I do Slim in 6 probably every other day. I have about 15 lbs left to loose to get to my goal weight.

by on Sep. 4, 2008 at 1:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
momm0407
by Group Owner on Sep. 4, 2008 at 11:27 PM

Hi! That is great to hear! Sounds like you are on your way to your fitness goals! Slim in 6 is a great program. The thing that I really like about it is that the program has the 3 essentials to an overall good fitness program: stretching, cardio, and resistance training. I personally have lost 47 lbs. Although my weight and BMI are in the healthy range for my height. My ulitimate goal is to lose another 8 lbs, just to tone up, you know? Are you familar with the Turbo Jam program? That is my addiction! I love it! The creator of Turbo Jam, Chalene Johnson, is coming out with a new type of fitness program next month called ChaLean Extreme. I am so excited to try it. The key to continous weight loss is to not platue (sp?), this new program might be just what I need to lose the last few stuborn lbs! =)

Childcaremommy
by on Dec. 1, 2008 at 11:38 PM

Hi gals I am a new member, I have not really tried to lose weight besides changing the way I eat, which I'm still doing that wrong because I am only getting heavier.  I need to lose 130-140 pounds. I just decided to do it last night because I saw my back fat flaps for the first time last night, I swear if they were boobs they might be a large b or even a c cup, nasty!! Any how I you guys can give me any tips I started the Jillian Michae's 30 day shred dvds. And the bad part of my first work out I was doing my jumping jacks and my 11 year old son walks in the room and starts laughing at me, what the hell?  Its bad enough that it feels like my stomach and boobs are hitting my forehead and my back flaps are hitting me in the back of the head, now I got a kid laughing at me.  ugh. Tomorrow he is getting up at 5:30 to do it with me, who's laughing now?

momm0407
by Group Owner on Dec. 4, 2008 at 10:17 AM

Don't worry about your son laughing. I really think that it is normal for people in the household to be like "what are you doing" your first couple times exercising. You definitely need cardio, stretching exercises, and light resistance training to get your metabolism a boost. (I'm sure Julian has that all covered). As for now, stay motivated. Look at the internet for before and after pictures. Ask your family for support that you are serious about losing the weight. Also, if you go to your local store that carries any exercise equipment, there are these bands that go around your stomach. The bands are ajustable and used to get rid of water weight, but I have found with my students that this belt is amazing in controling the mid section and allowing for comfort as they do cardio. Also, I recommend drinking lots of water. I know everyone says this, but really, this will flush your body of garbage, rehydrate you, and boost your metabolism.. Last, you may need to purchase a sport bra. Sometimes, depending on the person, it may be more comfortable to use 2 sport bras. This will also help you during cardio.

Quoting Childcaremommy:

Hi gals I am a new member, I have not really tried to lose weight besides changing the way I eat, which I'm still doing that wrong because I am only getting heavier.  I need to lose 130-140 pounds. I just decided to do it last night because I saw my back fat flaps for the first time last night, I swear if they were boobs they might be a large b or even a c cup, nasty!! Any how I you guys can give me any tips I started the Jillian Michae's 30 day shred dvds. And the bad part of my first work out I was doing my jumping jacks and my 11 year old son walks in the room and starts laughing at me, what the hell?  Its bad enough that it feels like my stomach and boobs are hitting my forehead and my back flaps are hitting me in the back of the head, now I got a kid laughing at me.  ugh. Tomorrow he is getting up at 5:30 to do it with me, who's laughing now?

oOmomaliciousOo
by on Jan. 18, 2009 at 10:47 PM

hi im nikii i have had the slim in 6 program since i was 16 years old. i know it works because i lost a good 50lbs or so and was in pretty great shape for a few years. now i am 21 years old. i started gaining weight again when i moved in with my fast food loving boyfriend and working as a receptionist along side fast food loving co-workers.

i got married and had two kids in less than two years. i just had my 2nd daughter by c-section November 28th of 2008. i never really lost any weight after my 1st baby and now i am the biggest i have ever been, aside from my weight at the time of my childrens deliveries. right now i weigh 190lbs and i feel so disgusting!

i want to cry every time i see myself in the mirror or when i get dressed in the mornings. i have been basically living in sweat pants and work out clothes because i cant fit into my old jeans and i honestly dont want to buy bigger clothes because im afraid i will grow with them.

well anyway my dvds are coming out of the closet and i am doing the "fast start" today and tomorrow. i plan on starting working out again tuesday and i need some support. i see that there arent that many members in this group but i hope that the few who are here will be able to give me advice and the support that i need to stick with it. i look forward to chatting with each of you.

mummacat124
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 12:00 PM

Slim in  6 does work!! I did the program a couple years ago and I am going through it again starting today. I was doing the gazzelle, but I really like the SI6 program!

Check out this new group! Mommy weight be gone 2009

MacsMom3807
by on Mar. 1, 2009 at 4:02 PM

Hi everyone my names Kim. I'm 21 years old and I have a little girl thatll be 2 on the 8th. I just started p90x today and wow that was great! I hurt but i feel good. I've been doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred for about 2 weeks now and it has worked but i needed something more intense. I got bored with Jillian Michaels. I hope I can stick with it and be ready for bathing suit season and actually look good in one!  

Teetlebug
by on Jun. 30, 2009 at 3:36 PM

Is anyone here doing the Turbo Jam videos? I just ordered them after researching for the past month. How are they?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)