Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My first time to Disney World

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 12:21 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 478 Total Views

I grew up in Southern Californa and have been to Disneyland more times then I can count . I will be visiting Disney World for the first time April 1st...really excited.  We bought into a timeshare (Saratoga Springs) and giving it a try!!!! 

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 12:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
tightwadmomto2
by New Member on Mar. 8, 2009 at 8:35 AM

You will have a great time.

While I was there last we had a bus driven that was wonderful feeding us tidbits of information about Disney World.

He said you can take all of Disneyland and put it in the parking lot of Magic Kingdom plus room for 300-500 parked cars and there would still be room left over. That's just Magic Kingdom.

Sammybea
by New Member on Mar. 8, 2009 at 1:24 PM

I have never been to the Land but I have been to WDW many times.  You will have a blast.  Check out www.allears.net for some pre disney magic.  

gina-pooh
by Member on Mar. 13, 2009 at 6:40 AM

We just returned from our WDW vacation where we stayed at Saratoga Springs.  It is a beautiful resort.  The food at Turf Club is very good as well; the food court - well it is a food court!  The grounds are beautiful and very quiet.  Many rooms have great views of Downtown Disney - which is w/in walking distance.  The boat ride to Downtown is relaxing and refreshing and brings you right to the Marketplace (a shopper's paradise and something worth seeing even if you're not a big shopper).  There are a large number of bus stops so I don't believe anyone has to do much walking to catch a bus (which runs apprx. every 10 mins. from one hour before opening to one after closing).  The only drawback I find is that is further away from the parks than many other resorts.  All in all I would stay there again and recommend it to friends and clients.

Hope you have a great time.  I will try to post some photos w/in the next few weeks so you can see more of the resort.

smile miniGina-Pooh

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)