Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am so frustrated right now.

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2010 at 7:43 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 200 Total Views

My son is 4 years old and has been wearing glasses since he was 13 months old. We just went to the doctors on Monday and it seems like the glasses aren't doing anything for him. He has amblyopia in one of his eyes with a +5.75 perscription. His other eye has always been a +2.27 perscription. Well this time his good eye now is a +4.00 perscription. Has anyone else had their kids eyes change this much? Just seems to me that they shouldn't be getting worse. He also has astigmatism in both eyes.

by on Dec. 11, 2010 at 7:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Iluvmyshortcake
by Member on Dec. 11, 2010 at 9:51 PM

i know with my daughter she had glasses since 17 months and she has accomadative estropia?sp she goes to the eye dr every 3 months and it seems like around at least every 9 to 12 months her pres. changes. My dr said with her eye condition her r getting better but her prescition lkeeps getting stronger and he said they will keep changing intill they hit that point and then they will slowly start getting lighter pres, dont know if that helps hard to explain on text

goorob
by on Dec. 12, 2010 at 6:13 PM

My son's eye doctor said his eyes would get a little worse each time until around age 7 (he goes every 6 months and gets a prescription change every 12 months) then they would most likely start getting better...I'm not sure if that's specific to his problem (which I don't know the name of) or if that's just in general.

alaskansglmom
by New Member on Dec. 13, 2010 at 1:05 AM

Thank you. My son was going to the doctor every 12 months but he just changed it to every 6 months. His doctor never showed any concern about the change in my sons eyes. It is just weird that his good eye seems to be getting worse when it has never changed since he was 13 months old.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)