Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone else?

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2011 at 11:31 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 319 Total Views

Anyone else's children suffer from Progressive Myopia *nearsightedness* or Severe Hyperopia *farsightedness*?? Just wondering....

by on Mar. 26, 2011 at 11:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
kellensmom
by New Member on Apr. 4, 2011 at 12:07 PM

My 20 month old is extremely farsighted.  The doc says she "may" outgrow it but wants her in glasses to ensure that her brain developes the ability to see detail close-up.  She wears corrective lenses most days but once in a while she simply wants a break. 

goorob
by on Apr. 9, 2011 at 11:27 PM

I'm so bad I don't even remember which ds is (far or near sighted), I just know I can't see out his glasses at all.  I do know he has the exact problem my younger brother had and the doctor told me when I first took ds to see him (when ds was 2) that at first ds' eyes would get worse until about age 7 then they would start to get better and he might not need glasses by around 16-18 years old.  Which is what happened to my brother, he still wears glasses but has a very very mild prescription.

emandnsmom
by on Apr. 22, 2011 at 11:49 PM

I had been told for the last couple of years my youngest dd was extremely farsighted. Well, she tipped the scale the year and is near sighted. In fact BOTH my girls have progressive myopia (nearsightedness). I was told that if their nearsightedness progresses at a fairly rapid rate, they could BOTH be legally blind by 18. Just what a mother wants to hear....8 (

kellensmom
by New Member on Apr. 27, 2011 at 10:51 AM

Quoting emandnsmom:

I had been told for the last couple of years my youngest dd was extremely farsighted. Well, she tipped the scale the year and is near sighted. In fact BOTH my girls have progressive myopia (nearsightedness). I was told that if their nearsightedness progresses at a fairly rapid rate, they could BOTH be legally blind by 18. Just what a mother wants to hear....8 (

No sense fretting what we can not control. I hope the girls have a dramatic slow down...that would be a blessing.  Hopefully eye technology will continue to progress at its rapid pace and we will have even more treatment options. 

emandnsmom
by on Apr. 27, 2011 at 11:26 PM

Quoting kellensmom:

Quoting emandnsmom:

No sense fretting what we can not control. I hope the girls have a dramatic slow down...that would be a blessing.  Hopefully eye technology will continue to progress at its rapid pace and we will have even more treatment options. 

You're so right. I should be the one who knows that the best. Losing 2 brothers (drowning)(suicide) that no matter how much I upset myself, it won't do any good. Not for myself and not for them either. I just need to take it one day at a time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)