Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my baby girl has to get bifocals

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2008 at 6:20 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 293 Total Views

So i took my almost 3yr old daughter to the dr on the 11 of nov and found out she has to get bifocals. We order them and im really worried about her transition with regular glasses to bifocals. Anyone else child have bifocal how did your child do with the change?

by on Nov. 21, 2008 at 6:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
RachelsMuma7
by Member on Nov. 22, 2008 at 10:29 AM

No, sorry, but if she needs them I'm sure it's what's best for her !!!

Don't stress over it.... just see how it goes. 

Good luck!!!!

I'm sure she will do good :)

R6nikki
by New Member on Dec. 1, 2008 at 5:29 PM

My son was prescribed bi-focals a couple weeks ago. He is now 17 months old, and has worn glasses for 3 months. From what I have read, there is often an adjustment time when transitioning to bi-focals. Especially, with children. It can sometimes cause headaches amongst other things. My son who previously never messed with his glasses will now approach me with a concerned look, rip off his glasses and hand to them over. Almost like "Something is wrong with them, can you fix my glasses?" I will put his glasses back on a couple times in a row, and he seems to just tolerate them after a couple surrender attempts. He will hopefully get more used to them, and learn the benefits of having that extra magnification for things 'up close.'  I would just say, be positive, don't worry, but just understand it might take a while for your daughter to adapt to them. When she does, they will definately serve their purpose by improving her vision.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)