Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kinship fostering?

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 4:06 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 235 Total Views
Hi my name is Meghan. I have 2 very energetic little boys. 2wks. ago my ,then 5wk. old, nephew along with his 3 half siblings were taken out of their home. I am fostering my nephew. He is now almost 7 wks old. I am going through all the processing still and I'm a bit confused. They really aren't telling me a whole lot. I have to have a home study, and orientation, and fingerprints. He's my nephew?

Anyways, if anyone has any advice. I'm a little confused. I just want to love him and for him to be safe. Thanks!
by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 4:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
cyndi5
by New Member on Apr. 15, 2007 at 10:01 AM
Hi Meghan,

My name is Cyndi, and my husdand and I are doing the same thing! I don't know what state that you are in, but the state that I am in we had to go through all the background checks and home studys and all that. I don't know what type of information that you are trying to get , but the do not always tell you alot of anything in the begining, or that is how it was with us. Now that we have been doing this for 16 months and have a good repore with our workers I am able to get more info. I know that everything is case sentisivty. Just try to go with the flow, and yes I know that is easier said then done, even for me!!  If they have info that you need that will help you with the kids they will give you that but not much more. 

Feel free to send me an email if you have more questions or just need to vent!!

Cyndi
hismineours6
by on May. 2, 2007 at 4:52 PM
You will have to go through all the background things etc.  Even though he is your nephew, it is the states responsiblity to make sure they are letting that child go to even a family member that has never been charged with any child crimes or had been charged with any felonies.  This is how it is in my state also.  Just be thankful they are letting your nephew stay with you while all this is going on.  Most children spend weeks in a foster home before being able to go with a family member.  Good Luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)