Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dark spots on your child's skin from mosq. bites??

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2010 at 2:45 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 1738 Total Views

Hey Guys, I hope it's okay to post this here.  I posted it to another group, but it's not an active group so I thought someone here might have some knowledge on this.

I'm hoping someone will have some experience and advice for me with this.  My 3 year old is starting to get dark spots on her skin whenever she gets mosquito bites or has a blister on her foot (things like that).  Even though the bites will be healed it will still leave the darker spot where the bite was.  I'm wondering if they ever go away and if not, is there anything I can put on them to lighten it or prevent it. 

Her dad has very dark spots from old mosquito bites, etc... and they are very noticeable.  I feel bad for saying it, but they look bad to me.  He's always telling me to find something to put on her so she doesn't get those spots too, but what?  His never go away.  We live way down south where the humidity is terrible and so are the mosquitos so it's pretty much unavoidable, even with spray, that she's going to get bit.  But is there anything I can do to lessen the appearance of them?  I don't want her to have them all over like her dad does.

Any ideas I'm open to.  I'm sure there have to be others thinking about this too. So what do you do, if anything?  Thanks ahead of time!

by on Jul. 11, 2010 at 2:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
str8shocked
by on Jul. 11, 2010 at 4:03 AM

They will fade over time, but you can use cocoa butter and it will help but it is not a speedy process.

I've learved that it is just a part of life. My legs looked like I was part cheetah or leopard with all the spots I had as a child because I scratch all my mosquito bites. But they did fade away over time. All I can say is use off or your other prference if you don't like the spots in hopes of preventing her from getting bit. It's become routine in my house. I think they are very ugly too!

avismama
by on Jul. 11, 2010 at 4:47 AM
My sister has red spots all over her legs from flea bites,her friends dogs had fleas and she always spent the night,cocoa butter helps or that stiff for scars I thin it's called mederma
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
samiam86
by Group Owner on Jul. 11, 2010 at 5:07 PM

Mederma is a good product, and a bug repellent soundsl ike a good idea to me.

girlangie
by on Jul. 11, 2010 at 8:49 PM

Thanks guys!  I think I'll get both the cocoa butter and mederma.  I always use a repellent, but where we are they still attack.  They're awful here!

CadanceandLyric
by on Aug. 30, 2010 at 8:08 PM

I know I am a bit late but I would try vitamin E oil on the bite area after it begins to heal. It helps with scars. Also coco butter works well depending on the skin type as well as location/size of the bite.

esper_d
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 10:17 PM

I am hispanic and this is normal on my body. I'm not really worried about it.

LilGina
by New Member on Jul. 17, 2011 at 7:11 PM

My son is the same way but its bites and scarps if he gets even a scrap it leaves a brown mark after.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)