Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Update on the kids hair and mine :-)

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2011 at 1:35 PM
  • 15 Replies
  • 439 Total Views

It's been a while(i think?) since I've shown pictures of the boys hair and I figure why not.. I know last time I posted it was a picture of Elijah totally bald and me being extremely depressed by it, lol. Well here is a few pictures of Noah , and Elijah's hair.

Noah's hair is coming along. I am making it a must to moisturize everyday. He hates it and so I would slack on it but I think his hair needs it everyday!  In this picture  I wet his hair down and applied Hollywood's olive oil cream, it's a very thick cream. I used to use it on Elijah. I loved it.

His hair is pretty much no fuss. A spray of water, and leave  in and we're good to go

(not a hairstyle, hair is drying..lol)

After 10 months, I decided to big chop! I tried to transition as long as possible and I'm glad I did but trying to keep both textures happy was not happening. My natural sections I cut long ago were/are thriving and curls well defined and soft.. the hair that was still attached to the relaxed hair was frizzy and dry no matter what I did. I tried to find products to please both hair types not all I got was frizzy natural hair and even more damaged relaxed hair.

The only way it looked good was when I straightened it and I continously trimmed to the point I only had bits of relaxed hair on my ends. At that point I knew just going ahead and cutting it off was the best thing to do.

I look forward to seeing how my hair grows with proper care!

yay we're all natural!lol. excuse my face!!lol

by on Apr. 16, 2011 at 1:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tmestes2003
by Member on Apr. 17, 2011 at 1:20 AM

Yay! I think it looks nice :) I wish I could do it. I just don't have the patience. I'm already addicted to the "creamy crack" lol

3KurlyKids
by on Apr. 17, 2011 at 8:10 AM
Good for you! Your hair looks great. What products are you using? I'm a product junkie so I might be able to recommend some things. :)
LLGina
by on Apr. 17, 2011 at 8:15 AM

Gorgeous kids, gorgeous mommy and gorgeous hair on all 3 of you!

samiam86
by Group Owner on Apr. 17, 2011 at 9:50 AM

Quoting 3KurlyKids:

Good for you! Your hair looks great. What products are you using? I'm a product junkie so I might be able to recommend some things. :)

So far I am trying to use what I had while transitioning. I've got eco styler argan oil gel, a jar of sheamoisture cream. I would like to get a really good thick moisturizer any recommendations?:)

samiam86
by Group Owner on Apr. 17, 2011 at 9:54 AM

It's all good :)

I have seen such beautiful heads of relaxed hair, I drove myself crazy trying to get it that way and it never seemed to work out for me. Maybe I will have better luck natural **fingers crossed**

Quoting tmestes2003:

Yay! I think it looks nice :) I wish I could do it. I just don't have the patience. I'm already addicted to the "creamy crack" lol

samiam86
by Group Owner on Apr. 17, 2011 at 10:01 AM

Thank you!

Quoting LLGina:

Gorgeous kids, gorgeous mommy and gorgeous hair on all 3 of you!

suebugg
by Member on Apr. 17, 2011 at 8:17 PM

Wow Sam I'm so happy for you!!!!! Your hair looks really good. And the boys are too cute. I'm glad that Elijah's hair is starting to grow out more. Are you gonna keep it long and curly for the summer? I love Noah's cute tight curls!

3KurlyKids
by on Apr. 18, 2011 at 7:53 AM
Quoting 3KurlyKids:

So far I am trying to use what I had while transitioning. I've got eco styler argan oil gel, a jar of sheamoisture cream. I would like to get a really good thick moisturizer any recommendations?:)

Eco Styler gel has protein and it makes my hair hard and dried out after a day or two. Maybe try Fantasia IC gel - it doesn't have protein.
For a moisturizer, I use a Shea Moisture Leave In, but this one is only sold at the beauty supply - not at Target. I also add water and aloe Vera gel to my hair (and my kids' hair) before I apply any type of styling product. I've also started sealing everyone's hair, after washing, with a Shea butter mix by Koils by Nature. I've found that goes a long way with keeping our hair moisturized.
AndreaWright
by on Apr. 19, 2011 at 10:10 AM

You are so beautiful!!  I love the last pic of you with your boys!! 

You hair is so long!  All that growth in only 10 months.  The boys hair too is awesome.  I love the length, not too short, long enough to see their curls, perfect!

samiam86
by Group Owner on Apr. 19, 2011 at 3:17 PM

Quoting AndreaWright:

You are so beautiful!!  I love the last pic of you with your boys!! 

You hair is so long!  All that growth in only 10 months.  The boys hair too is awesome.  I love the length, not too short, long enough to see their curls, perfect!

Thank you! I was REALLY surprised by all the growth in just 10 months as well!! I  can wear my hair in a ponytail..granted, it's a little one a ponytail none the less, LOL.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)