Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP!

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2011 at 11:55 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 215 Total Views

My daughter's hair is frustrating me.  She hates to have it combed, of course. 
A little background- she is 1/4 hatian so it is pretty soft, but WAY more curly than any of the other kids' hair.  Her hair is pretty dry too.  I wash it about once a week.  The other kids' hair was curly but basicly like white hair.  I could wash it once a week and comb it out with detangler then I was good.  It was easy.  This little one got more of Grandma's genes than the other kids for sure. 

MIL is no help.  She doesn't believe in products for hair.  She tells me to just brush it dry and put it in a ponytail.  After seeing SIL's pics from childhood I can see that MIL is not the person to ask about hair.

Right now I use Garnier Fructis Leave in Conditioning Cream.  I just noticed that it is the sleek and shine formula for frizzy, dry, unmanageable hair.  We use Redken curly shampoo/conditioner, but I think I liked Pantene Curly better.

Her curls are starting to get long enough to spiral down, pretty tight though.  I want all of it to do that.  I don't know how to make it do that, though.  Some of it does, but the rest is kind of a curly frizz ball.  Sometimes we just do some pigtails (she calls them "poofies") because I don't know what to do with it. 

How do I make the curls fall the way I want?  How do I get rid of the frizz?  Also, she has alot of breakage in the back from laying on her head.  Even though she is mostly the little white kid, should I put something on her head when she sleeps to prevent damage?  Any advice on products?  We are only using the shampoo, conditioner, and leave in conditioner right now.  Clearly, I have something wrong.

thank you SO much.

by on Dec. 14, 2011 at 11:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
KandyLandKurls
by on Dec. 31, 2011 at 7:53 PM

Look up the tightly curly method for tips. But I use sulfate/ paraben free shampoo and Blended beauty herbal reconditioner to help with my daughters curls. Never comb the hair while its dry. Make sure you comb it while it wet and full of conditioner, use a wide tooth comb and try finger detangling her hair before combing. I have more tips available on my site http://kandylandkurls.blogspot.com 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)