Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:27 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 222 Total Views

OK I've got a major question I have a 13 month old and she is getting to the point where shes kinda understanding what we say and we have been playing our music in the car and in the house and I was just wondering if any of you let your kids listen to what you listen to and how that choice affects your kid because I'm starting to wonder if I should not let her hear some of the songs any more because i don't want her starting school going up to her teacher and saying something like santa clause is a bitch or you know suck my balls so please help and if you could suggest a good time to stop letting her listen to it that would be great thanks

Mary Roper                                                                                                                                            Helping Moms Work From Home                                                                                   becauseilovethem

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jeckellette
by Member on Feb. 12, 2011 at 9:54 AM

My daughter and I never stopped listening to it together. You just have to make it a point to teach your child that it is NOT ok to repeat these things in front of anyone at all. And explain things in a way that a child can understand them. Like, some songs have lessons in them...like, against racism and such....and other songs are just meant to be funny and hold NO meaning at all and are not even close to being real. Stay on top of that and you should be ok. If you find it does not work, then I would just cut the tunes then. But my way has worked well for us for the most part, and we both enjoy listening to Twiztid together...and ICP and Dark Lotus and Boondox, even Marilyn Manson and Static-X and stuff like that. It just comes down to making sure you explain things and your child knows it is NOT ok to repeat what he/ she hears.

Good luck

MaryCEOmom
by Member on Feb. 12, 2011 at 2:55 PM
thanks your so helpful
Mom2HandC
by New Member on Jun. 10, 2011 at 12:33 AM

We also never quit listening to it with our children. They have heard it all of their lives and know who they can and can't talk about it around. We've never had a problem with them repeating anything inappropriate.

jeckellette
by Member on Jun. 14, 2011 at 11:11 PM

glad I could help=)

juggalo_mommi
by Member on Jul. 12, 2011 at 9:33 AM

I let my three year old listen to some songs, but others yea definitely not for little ones :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)