Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SweetPeaProject..Blankets for Stillborn Babies<3

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:53 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 622 Total Views

Hello everyone! I am starting a blanket drive in honor of my baby boy Drake who was stillborn October 28th of 2009.

The Sweet Pea Project was started by a woman named Stephanie Cole after her daughter, Madeline, was stillborn at 41 weeks...a week after her duedate. She wanted to start this porject because many of the parents out there who have to go through such a hard tradgedy of losing their baby, are often left with nothing to remember their babies by. These women are leaving the hospital empty handed when they should be carrying out their brand new baby boy or girl.

When I left the hospital the following day after giving birth, it was very hard having to walk through the birthing center where you hear all these babies crying and see all these mothers holding their babies..and you are leaving with nothing.

I want to give these parents something to take home with them to cherish their babies memory. These blankets will be given to hospitals that will in return wrap these precious babies up in and once its time to say goodbye, they will be handed off to the parents to take home.

If you are interested in donating a blanket or a money donation to help support this project, please send me a message so I can get the info out to you.

Thank you to everyone who takes the time to read this!

~Kristi, Jamie, Carter and our lil angel Drake<3

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
shortiemomy
by New Member on Nov. 26, 2010 at 12:42 AM

This is a great idea!!!

carterj1220
by New Member on Nov. 27, 2010 at 10:27 PM

Thank you!!! I havent yet taken the blankets to the hospital because I want to get the books to go with them and dont have the money yet for the books...but soon!!

amandalynne22
by New Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 4:08 PM
hello! where can i bring a blanket too?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)