Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I write this w/a heavy heart but we knew it was coming. We knew something was going on with my son at the age of 5. He is now 11. During our process we have been getting mix DX's of autism, ADHD, tourettes, ODD, maybe bi-polor n seizures. What I can say to yes he has seizures, tics and ODD. But the other stuff is the roller coaster. With the autism one pshy would say yes while another therapist that specialize in it , would say no b/c he doesn't look it. I try to explain to them that he is high functioning and if you just look at them is not always the answer. We try to go to regional but they get rude w/us and hang up on us. We live in ontariocalifornia. So we have been pushing to get him re eval to see what's going on and where to go b/c we have been trying many things such as therapy in both fields and having a behavioral coach to come home to help out. The only meds he is taking is for seizures and ant-depressent. And he has been on it for a few years now and we know those things are not the cause for his mental meltdowns. 

Anyways, we had called the police here b/c his aggression has gotten way worse off and he attack my hubby n he is working up to me know. The first time they came, they was in denaleabout what is going on and we asked them to put him on hold n they told me no. We even had his behavior coach here also demanding it b/c she saw these attacks n they still said no. No matter how much we said we are afraid and he hit my HB. The officer said that my hubby needs to make time for him blah blah blah and he needs to reach out to him. Which the coach has been working on with us and he has been trying very hard. So we got no where. Well yesterday was my birthday and we knew on the next major melt down we would have to put him on hold. And this time demand it like no tomm. N lately my HB has been emotionally breaking dwnw/out trying to let me know about it. Anyways, my son's coach was there n we had caught my son in a lie. And we told him we will discuss thing as a group and let him know about hisconsequences to his actions he made. Well he had a melt down and started to throw things everywhere. Then he started to come to me and yelling at me telling me to shut up and he had that look like he wanted to do something to me cuz he was balling his fist at me and in my face. When I called the 911 n got the operator, she asked me how he is being threatening and I explain n she said "Mam, that is not a threat and you are the mother. You need to show him you are the mom". I was soo upset. They still sent the police. During that time the cops was coming, my son attack me and hit me on my legs. My hb had to hold him back telling him you don't hit your mom and I left with cell in hand calling 911. During all this he try to attack his behavioral coach. When the police came, my son had locked his bedroom door and broke his bedroom window screen and ran. He was running from the police w/no shoes all over theseapts. The police got my son and brought him home and finally decided to call the Crisis Response Team. When they came in my told them he needs help and they decided to put him in. Now he is at the hospital. We just finish talking to the case manager and she said that right now he is an angle w/no incidents. We told the manager of what we have been going through and we have vids of it. She said to bring it in and they will play it to see if they get a trigger. So that is our next goal. Man this roller coast we are on has been horrible. And my 5 yr old daughter is feeling the punch too. We have talk to her about what is going on but it still hurts to see her miss him so much. They are so close as brother and sister. She misses her playmate. I hope we can get him to trigger!!

sad

by on Sep. 16, 2010 at 7:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
uchy
by New Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 11:01 PM

I totally feel for you.  I have had the police at my home so much in the last two years trying to get help for my children, (yes, 2 have disorders), that I now know all the deputies in my area.  My children have been violent with me, my hubby, and each other.  My daughter was finally diagnosed w/ bipolar, adhd, and ocd. My son with adhd and high functioning aspergers.  They have counseling and meds, and things are looking up.  I know things will get better for you.  Just hang in there.  Sometimes things need to get really bad before doctors will come up with a diagnosis.  It will be hard for your daughter, but it will make her stronger and she will understand some day.  I also have an 8 yr. old who watched her older siblings do what I told you.  Things will get better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)