Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 12 year old is extremely moody,she never seems happy or content for very long. I've always looked for that sparkle in her eyes and never saw it.This year she started Middle School(6th) and I just don't think she was ready emotionally.She doesn't know how to handle herself.My concerns:She is getting harassed at school by the same kids every day. One of them started nasty rumors about her that spead like wildfire.I've fought from the guidence,vice principal,superintendant,Chairman of the school dept,and the head of student services as well as the police. So many people are aware of these kids actions.She has been hurt physically by some on many ocations and when I've alerted the proper channels they say they take care of it but,I am not allowed to hear of the conciquences -do to the privacy law.I have no idea if anything is happening.I do know it's eased up after 4 months.: I heard from a few different people (kids/adults) that my daughter was helping this rumor along. Every time I ask her ,she says she didn't say that .She'd say that's gross.And she would cry.My dd doesn't cry alot even when hurt.She hasn't lied since she was 4 or 5 so my heart believes her but then part of me thinks she's doing it for attention.She has such a difficult time socially. She can make friends but can't maintain them. I asked her straight out if someone asked you to do something would you? She said well if someone asked me to jump off a cliff,I wouldn't. I said what if they said to have sex with you?? She smiled and said that's different. I said why? She then said well I wouldn't bc it would make you mad. I feel like my dd would do anything to please someone and from a young age she has been fasinated with being pregnant or having a baby.I've had many talks about these situations with her. I'm afraid these runors will follow her throughout High School.She was diagnosed with ADD at age 6,at school.I took her to another doctor who said she had Asperger's (provisional) Has anyone delt with a child that seems just "not there"? Can't stick up for theselves,moody,impatient,unable to focus,uncordinated,messy,has strange habits or ideas of fun/funny?I just want to make sure she's being treated and helped in the ways she needs.And it would be nice to if I'm not alone.

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)