Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am new to this group & I have joined because I don't know what else to do or where to turn.  I have a 9yr old son that has ADHD, ODD & possibly bipolar.  He is so out of control, he does not listen to me at all & he has started stealing really bad lately.  I got 2 calls from his teacher because he is stealing from her, he steals stuff around the house EVERYDAY.  He steals food like, milk, raw eggs, sugar, peanut butter, nutella, cheese, cereal & juice.  He steals my underwear, pictures, books.  He steals from the other kids & I am at a loss.  This morning I woke up at 7am & peeked in his door to see if he was sleeping & he had my thongs on......WTF & he also had an old cell phone of mine & a power cord ( all these were taken from my closet ).  His room is TRASHED so bad you can't see the floor.  All he does is tear up paper.  I have been telling him for 2 weeks to clean it & it just gets worse & worse.  Someone please help me.  Oh & also he has very bad sleep habits lately he sleeps for 2 hours & is up ALL NIGHT LONG.

by on Nov. 20, 2011 at 2:52 PM
Replies (11-12):
ilmomma81
by New Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:32 AM
With my son adderall made him way worse. He takes concerta clone dine risperdone and small dose Ritalin after school
determinedmom
by New Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Have you tried Risperdal?  Generic is Risperdone.  Until he started taking this med we literally had no sleep because he would not go to sleep.  My mother had to spend the night with us so we could get some sleep and go to work.  Also, his recent psychiatrist said that risperdone is also good for ocd.  He is alot better I guess but I am extremely happy that he can get some sleep. 

1determinedmom

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)