Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone here have a PDD-NOS kid or OCD??

Posted by on Dec. 23, 2011 at 2:38 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 476 Total Views
My 16 year old son has been in residential treatment for the last few months.. He is OCD and while there he was diagnosed to have PDD..His biggest issue is not being able to get out of the bathroom without feeling clean, like after a BM ....Can't tell you how bad it got here at home, and I prayed so hard ! Well, he is coming home tomorrow (Christmas Eve) and just this morning I was talking to staff up there and they said he was in the bathroom for 2 hours!!! I am nervous and excited about him coming home,even though not as much was accomplished there as I hoped would be ...Anyone here dealing with either of these issues??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 23, 2011 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
emarin77
by on Dec. 27, 2011 at 10:54 PM

My 3.5 son is diagnosed with PDD this past year.  He also has a need to be clean, especially with his fingers.

JakesMom96
by New Member on Jun. 7, 2012 at 11:05 PM
1 mom liked this

hello there, my son is 16 also. he was diagnosed when he was 5 with autism,pdd and adhd. he was about 7 when he was diagnosed with anxiety and ocd. when he was 12 he was diagnosed with sensory issues part of autism. for the longest time he would never want to touch anything because he was afraid to get his hands dirty. he washed his hands all the time. as he has gotten older its got alot better. now its mostly with turning stuff that makes noise off. or pushing buttons.  right now he is in highschool and he picked up cussing. i have him in therpy once every 2 weeks since he hasnt had any big issues. his cussing and being defiant. thats alot of teenagers. he has gotten better with his autism outburts. where he goes into a rage. he has only had a few this yr. getting older and realizing it doesnt help buecause i dont give in. i let him in his room and throw his fit til he is chilled out. i am new to this cafa mom just signed up today june 7. if you want to talk you can email me or add me to msn messenger or yahoo messenger at littletaz75@hotmail.com i also have facebook. joanna hood baltimore md.

geri_michelle7
by New Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 8:51 AM

My son is 5 and he has been diagnosed with autism but I believe he has OCD also.  Things just have to be a certain way for him, everything has to be placed just right, like when I put his dinner plate in front of him it takes him about 3 minutes to get it in the EXACT right spot on the placemat.  He is also obsessed with gift cards and credit cards and always has to take something to bed with him.  Not a stuffed animal but a small toy or just a piece of paper with logos on it that he is obsessing about.  He once carried a paper around for almost a month before we could get it away from him.  As far as clean goes, that's another issue.  He has sensory issues and hates his hands being dirty.  I wish he hated being wet as he wears pullups and we have been working on potty training for two years now.  He was placed on the PDD-NOS waiting list in our state but he is something like number 560 on the list.  He's been on it for over a year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)