Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My son is six years old, a joy in my life. He was born at a very difficult time for me. I had a three year old son that was recently diagnosed with ADHD and ODD and we were just starting therapy with him. He was a handful! When Job was just nine months old, I found out I waspregnant again with our thrid and it turned out to be a very difficult and high risk pregnancy. My husband and I should have gotten a divorce long before but were still trying to pretend things would work out. So, due to the high risk pregnancy, the martial problems in our home, and my oldests problems, Job didn't get much one on one time with mama. 

I thought he was just stuborn and didn't want to have to give up being the baby in the family. For instance, he knew how to get off his toddler bed, but refused to. He couldn't or more like wouldn't walk, refused to do things that normal babies his age were supposed to be doing at the time and was attached to my hip. I couldn't walk away from him for a second without tons of wails and tears rolling down his little face. THe marital problems really didn't help matters at all. Because there was such contention between the two of us, I was left taking care of the boys on my very own no matter if daddy was home or not. We both started to blame each other for the reason our boys behaved the way they did.

At about 20 months of age, I had enough with trying to wait to see if he would start doing other stuff. So I had Early Intervention come in and evaulate him. At a 24 month level evaluation he was only registering at only a nine month level. He was severely delayed in every aspect. We started working with him and he has come a long way

About two years ago, he was diagnosed with ADHD and ODD and the therapy we were using on the oldest one, was having no effect on Job at all. We have an awesome team and this is the only team where we have seen any progress with either of the boys. I started to research other disorders thinking that he was misdiagnosed. The more research and evaluations he has had, I believe in my heart of hearts Job is on the PDD realm of the Aspergers Spectrum. I had him evaluated a while ago, and he was on the verge based on thier eval, but even his therapists have read everything this child has been through and believes he very well may be a PDD child.

How do I get someone to listen to me? Where do I go for a better eval? Of should I just continue with his current course of therapy and see where it leads me? I am so confused and I don't know which direction to turn. Please help me!!

by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 3:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)