Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ODD - questions about it (piog)

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 10:46 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 143 Total Views

Okay, so I'm a bit worried that my oldest son who is 12 is possibly going to be diagnosed with ODD. I've been researching and reseaching and just the things he's doing here at home, when we're out, at school, etc just points to it. He does have ADD (he's not hyper at all).

A little background on him:

His dad walked out on us when he was 2. I was a single mom until he was about 3 1/2 and started dating a guy and got pregnant and had his brother just before his 5th birthday. The guy walked out on us when my youngest son was 3 1/2. I've been a single mother again until about 2 years ago when I met my now DF.

His father is rarely around. By rarely I mean 2-3 times a year for the most part with the rare year he was going every other week like he was supposed to. His father married one woman, constantly cheated on her with every other woman he wanted to and tried several times with me and my son witnessed it while I tried to push my ex away. My ex was a vilolent man (I definently didn't stop him when he walked out on us) and when he wanted to get something, he would try and get it. I was the fighter out of any of the women he dated which is why he didn't stay around. I wouldn't give into him.

My youngest son's father used to abuse me mentally & financially. He made the money and he would control the finances. He would literally take all of the money out of my bank accounts so I couldn't do anything extra and had to ask for money. When he walked out on us he put me $30k in debt because he would use my info instead of his on everything. (which I'm fighting)

Anyways. I know this has to do with alot of my son's mental status. Would this contribute to the ODD? Or am I just over thinking this?

by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 10:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)