Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My daughters journey, Bipolar...? Autism...? What is happening!?

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:01 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 251 Total Views

This is Madison. She now is almost 10. Beautiful, tallented, artistic, a cook, and a dreamer.

But, she has quite the list of "diagnosis" and I live my live (as well as everyone in the household) according to her needs/ demands. I have been reaching out for help and advice and encouragement for years and all advice I have received, I have tried. Until people told me she NEEDS the proper medication. I have beat myself up and been in agony over what to do, until it was almost too late..

I am writing this fresh out of the ER after being there for 3 days, till they found a placement for my beautiful daughter. Placement meaning temporary residentship at a psyciatric care facility for children. I cry every single morning just thinking about the fact that it has really come to this. She now is on day 2 at the facility and i have mixed feelings honesty.. 

What brought us to this was the beginning of regression for some reason (baby talking when manic), as well as visual hallucinations. She would scream for hours and go in and out of seeing things, laughter, anger and serious aggression, and very strange and delusional thoughts. I held her, talked, stayed quiet, left the room, stayed in the  room, distraction and re-direction as much as I could but honestly, just had to wait this one out.  The next morning it continued. I was broken watching this happen to my daughter. I'm scared the "diagnosis" is so much more... She is now on an anti-psycotic, which i don't know if its making it actually worse. Just seems to be getting that way. I am on a journey and any one going through this too, i would love to hear from you and I really could use some encouragement now. My home is so empty without her. 

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
NettePooh
by Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:03 PM
How is your beautiful daughter doing today??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Spidermansmommy
by New Member on May. 1, 2013 at 5:24 PM

((((HUGS)))) I can understand how it must be hard to not have her there with you right now, but perhaps she is where she needs to be so that she can come home to you "in a better place". How is she doing today?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)