Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hey everyone let's introduce ourselves....and a few simple plans to help us all have a great time together

Posted by   + Show Post
my name is shannon and my garrett is 10yrs old..he has aspergers, adhd, bipolar, odd, and panic disorder...i am a single mother of 3 other nerotypical kids also, all younger that garrett. right now he is very stable, and doing well, lets get together and help each other out...there are many challeges that we face every day...we can laugh, hope, and cry together on all that...we need each other...my whole purpose for setting up this group, even though there alot of them out there on cafemom, is because i was feeling very alone even being memebers of those other groups....i got blasted for my opnions a few times for what i said... all i was looking for was a friend....I wanted to create a more personal group a more personal way of getting to know each other and our child/ childrens needs. together i know we can help each other...i don't know all the answers and i'm sure there are moms out there that can really help me as well...so if you want a fun place to vent, cry, hope, and feel a part...this is the group for u.... no subject is thrown out....but please no personal attacks of any kind and i would really be dispondent if that happened...if u disagree with a post or responce feel free to state you opnion as well, but lets be adults and speak with love...all of us are hurting and we all show it in different ways..some times the most hurt person also seems the most angry...the Bible says a soft answer turns away wrath...so lets try that instead of bashing each other when we don't agree on a topic...please practise tolerance..the only post i will delete is if someone attacks anothers mothering skills...that hurts to the core and none of us need that right now....COOL?
make sure to only introduce urself in this post...please post your family story by adding ur our post so people will see it and reply to u in ur post....thanks shannon/admin
by on May. 17, 2007 at 9:38 PM
Replies (131-131):
lilfella789
by New Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 9:31 AM
Hello everyone! My son will be 7 in a couple weeks and he has been diagnosed with OCD. He is in therapy right now and we are working on changing our diet to paleo diet. I'm trying to keep him off meds as long as possible. His father and I are not together and he does not support my sons diagnosis/treatment. I have some support from my family but its hard. I am always hearing "everyone is OCD these days" and I feel like people just don't understand how difficult this is for my son to live with. I feel alone and like I am the only support my son has. Which is ok with me but difficult at times.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN