Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

o.k. new challenge for this week...who can do it? :)

Posted by on May. 18, 2007 at 9:37 AM
  • 17 Replies
  • 1012 Total Views
ok great job everyone on last weeks challenge...now for a new one...we go to 10 minutes this week...some of u have already past that time but try for ten minutes this time at least...we're working our way forward...so far so good..huh?
did anyone notice that the day seemed a little brighter when you had your mommy-ing-me time? let me know how it effected you and your state of mind...did anyone get interuped repeatedly?
Good luck...let the challenge begin!!!!

by on May. 18, 2007 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Carla01
by Member on May. 19, 2007 at 1:29 AM
Ok, I got it...

Today Friday May 18, 2007 my "five" minutes were buying myself a nice "cheesecake" ice cream and having it by myself in my porch while my kids were inside...

Believe it or not, my kids don't like ice cream, so it was a looong time ago I hadn't focus on buying some. Took me 20 minutes instead of five and surprise... They both survived! Your wisdom surprises me, very therapeutic...

Yes, I agree with the FEMALE SWEETPEAS... The bouncing thing doesn't help...
shannon72
by Group Owner on May. 19, 2007 at 9:00 PM

Quoting Carla01:

Ok, I got it...

Today Friday May 18, 2007 my "five" minutes were buying myself a nice "cheesecake" ice cream and having it by myself in my porch while my kids were inside...

Believe it or not, my kids don't like ice cream, so it was a looong time ago I hadn't focus on buying some. Took me 20 minutes instead of five and surprise... They both survived! Your wisdom surprises me, very therapeutic...

Yes, I agree with the FEMALE SWEETPEAS... The bouncing thing doesn't help...
    FANTASTIC CARLA....I'M SO PROUD...good for u and ur mommy-ing-me time...see if u can do it again in a few days...
God bless,
shannon
johnabbymommy
by on May. 20, 2007 at 10:40 PM
Well, I did a break.   I sat down and watch a tv show without anyone by me. I had a big old bowl of popcorn and turned on the show.  I was able to get away for 30 mins.  Don't ask me how I did that without someone coming and asking for somethng, but I think everyone know that I needed a break for once.  I am going to try again really soon. 
shannon72
by Group Owner on May. 22, 2007 at 1:27 PM

Quoting johnabbymommy:

Well, I did a break. I sat down and watch a tv show without anyone by me. I had a big old bowl of popcorn and turned on the show. I was able to get away for 30 mins. Don't ask me how I did that without someone coming and asking for somethng, but I think everyone know that I needed a break for once. I am going to try again really soon.
dosen't it feel great to do something just for u...great job..keep it up...you deserve it....shannon
dntbgmeb4cofe
by on May. 22, 2007 at 10:20 PM
     Well, last friday I was in a wedding and had to spend the night just me and hubby in a hotel!!  We haven't been alone like that in 14 years.  The last time was our honeymoon!!  We had a blast!  The wedding was beautiful and we had time for ourselves!  We had a nice hour ride home on Saturday and got home by 2 pm.  The house was in one piece but more inportantly my SIL had surived the night and 1/2 the day with my son!  lol So much so that she told me to let her know when Norman and I are ready to have another night out she'd watch the kids!!!  Waahoo!!  So, I'd say that I'm caught up for this week.  But, yes taking time for yourself is very inportant!  Right now is my time.  At night when the kids are in bed and Norm won't be home from work until 10:30 pm most nights. 

Take care,
Barb
JosieKat
by Member on May. 23, 2007 at 10:07 AM
Hmmm, does having my first appointment with a counselor for ME count? I took that step hesitantly, but I must say that I felt better at the end of the hour. It was nice to have someone focused on just me for a change, without judgement or blame. Her first suggestion to me....fins time everyday to do something for myself and I will be a better Mom. Good advice and similar to what this post challenges us to do! Thanks for that! Kathleen
shannon72
by Group Owner on May. 23, 2007 at 2:21 PM
that totally counts...GOOD FOR YOU... i'm so happy that so many of us have worked on this challenge this week....keep up the good work...remember YOU ARE NOT ALONE.....many moms...one voice...
shannon
Quoting JosieKat:

Hmmm, does having my first appointment with a counselor for ME count? I took that step hesitantly, but I must say that I felt better at the end of the hour. It was nice to have someone focused on just me for a change, without judgement or blame. Her first suggestion to me....fins time everyday to do something for myself and I will be a better Mom. Good advice and similar to what this post challenges us to do! Thanks for that! Kathleen

shannon72
by Group Owner on May. 23, 2007 at 2:25 PM
woooohoooo girlfriend...a whole night with ur husband????  wow..i hope he rocked your world..LOL...J/J...  now that is what i call mommy-ing-me time....and always remember...silence is golden...duct tape is sliver...
LOL,
shannon
Quoting dntbgmeb4cofe:

Well, last friday I was in a wedding and had to spend the night just me and hubby in a hotel!! We haven't been alone like that in 14 years. The last time was our honeymoon!! We had a blast! The wedding was beautiful and we had time for ourselves! We had a nice hour ride home on Saturday and got home by 2 pm. The house was in one piece but more inportantly my SIL had surived the night and 1/2 the day with my son! lol So much so that she told me to let her know when Norman and I are ready to have another night out she'd watch the kids!!! Waahoo!! So, I'd say that I'm caught up for this week. But, yes taking time for yourself is very inportant! Right now is my time. At night when the kids are in bed and Norm won't be home from work until 10:30 pm most nights.

Take care,
Barb

shannon72
by Group Owner on May. 24, 2007 at 2:12 PM

good job everyone...what a great week it was..i think Barb won the challenge hands down...a whole night..wow...so this weeks challenge is closed...look for updates on the momming-me-challenge post for this week...everyone did great...congrates to everyone who took the challenge...
shannon72
by Group Owner on Jun. 3, 2007 at 2:10 PM
ok did anyone meet the challenge this week???  i haven't seen any responces yet...ANYONE?  :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)