Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ok now that we all have msn messenger..a few simple ideas to make this more productive...

Posted by on May. 24, 2007 at 12:01 PM
  • 15 Replies
  • 945 Total Views
ok so we have moved cheese and whine to msn messenger...now that we have all downloaded it i think there is a game plan that sound be noted...

1. if your on your messenger and are busy, don't want to chat with anyone at that point...please but up the busy, or away symbol so no one will bug you...it can be frustrating when ur tying to get something done and u keep getting inturpted. cool? i want so much for this to be a positive thing not a bother to anyone...:)

2. don't forget the emoticons...remember when your chatting that the person your talking to can not see your face or hear your tone of voice, so unless u add a smile or frown, we might not react the correct way. you could be totally serious about something and will get a whole bunch of laughing cause u didn't add the *sad smile*...ok?
or you could be joking around and everyone will go "ohhhh were so sorry" but you ment it as a joke...ok? so everyone got that? if you want to use an emoticon look right ubove the box u type into, there is a smile face, click on it and a whole box of emoticons will pop up...click on the one u want and it will show up next to your last sentence...

3. ok, lets remember that we are all here for each other...everyones issues are important, and we need to treat everyone with respect....feel free to get mad and show it...that is why were here..this an opened forum..any topic goes..if a topic is making you uncomfortable, please tell us...because we can open another window just for that topic and the group forum can continue...

4. WE ARE HERE TO HAVE FUN..AND WHINE TOGETHER...REMEMBER YOU ARE NOT ALONE...

IF SOME CAN THINK OF ANOTHER PART OF THIS PLAN THAT NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED FEEL FREE TO MESSAGE ME AND I WILL ADD IT IN...ALL OF U HAVE GREAT IDEAS ..DON'T BE SHY..WE ARE A TEAM...SMOOCHES TO ALL
shannon

6:00pm Pacific Time; 10:00 Atlantic Time; 9:00pm Easter Time; 8:00pm Central Time; 7:00pm Mountain Time

by on May. 24, 2007 at 12:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
johnabbymommy
by on May. 24, 2007 at 12:08 PM
I missed the last part of it becuase I had to get up and help my son again.  But I had fun when I was in there.  I would like more information and how things are going to play out.  Let me know. 
Thanks
June
johnabbymommy
by on May. 24, 2007 at 9:28 PM
Okay I got MSN now.  I would like to be added if at all possible.  Let me know what to do from here.  Where do I go for a group chat on MSN?  Looking forward to chatting more with you guys!  Take care!
June
JosieKat
by Member on May. 27, 2007 at 8:14 PM
Hello ladies, I, too have downloaded MSN.  SN is Josiekat, looking forward to chatting!  Kathleen
JosieKat
by Member on May. 28, 2007 at 9:48 PM
Opps, forgot to leave my email! It is gypsyjosie@hotmail.com.
johnabbymommy
by on May. 29, 2007 at 9:24 PM
I got msn now as well and my address would be fredstromdaisies@hotmail.com  Looking foward to chatting with everyone soon.

June
Carla01
by Member on May. 30, 2007 at 12:41 AM
I thought in some ideas:

Why don't we set some steps for the next chat?

a) Everyone that enters in the chat room describe your self in three words.
Example: eccentric, fatigued and solo¬Ö Just to break the ice fast!

b) Let's bring up subjects to be discussed every 20 minutes and to have
everyone in the same page. Lets set the list at the beginning time and have everyone send their special interests to discuss the next week.

Some examples:
Social rejection by other parents or friends?
How is grandma and grandpa or aunts taking the child health condition?
School services successes and failures?
What's you child funny story of the week?
Favorite cooking choice for your little one? etc.

Hope it helps!
ohioannette1
by on May. 30, 2007 at 9:55 AM
sounds like fun. i have msn already and i'm a newcomer to cafemoms so what do i do now. it's wednesday morning. could someone give me directions for tonights chat. thanks a bunch. ohioannette1.
LadySaphira
by on Jun. 5, 2007 at 6:46 PM
I am new to the group,I have noted the time for chat but what are the days?  My msn is dtbluedreams@hotmail.com
Jennifer30
by on Jun. 5, 2007 at 6:51 PM
um what is msn messenger and how do i get it???????
johnabbymommy
by on Jun. 6, 2007 at 10:10 AM
MSN is the windows version of messanger. It is windows live.  You can go to msn.com and click on messenger and there should be a spot there that says something about downloading it now.  It should only take a couple of minutes for you to do that.  If you need more help please feel free to ask.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)