Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Going to go nuts!!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:10 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 230 Total Views
Sunday night my son decides he needto get up at 0100 for the day. I caouldn't get this kid to sleep for anything. Mondaynight same thing. Wich brings me to last night (Tuesdaynight). As usuall he got up again I couldn't get him back to sleep so I let him watch animal planet. Well i dozzed off and he started jumping on the bed. Ended up waking me. I told him STOP jumping on the bed your going to get hurt. Well I dozzed back off to sleep. Again he started jumping and fell off the bed. Ended up almost going to E.R by ambulance coz I was having a hard time controling the blood. Well he's alright however he sliced his ear all the way through the catalage. luckily everything is fine. they glued it back to together. I'm just going to losse my mind if I don't get some sleep. I'm going to talk to his CBS workers and see if they can't put him in the hospice house on thursday night. If not well then I'm screwed!
Misty
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MOmomof8
by on Jul. 26, 2007 at 12:31 AM
When my son had bad nights, I would give him baby tyenol (sp).  It would help him relax & sleep better, even helped him go to sleep.  If this problem lasts for 2 weeks then you need to talk to your doctor.  Is he still taking naps in the daytime?  If so, you may want to stop them.  Usually, I just gave him that for a few nights to 2 weeks & it fixed the problem.  I had another son that I talked to the doctor about not sleeping & he gave me a sleeping pill for him to take for 2 weeks.  This is a common problem so don't go crazy yet, there will be plenty time for that once he is in school full days, every day. lol
Misty_23
by Member on Jul. 26, 2007 at 1:46 PM
Hey! He is on sleep meds. His "team" knows he's not sleeping. No he dose not take naps durring the day not even in the car! They just add somthing new to help him sleep.
johnabbymommy
by on Jul. 26, 2007 at 4:44 PM
My son was the same way yours was.  He would wake up and would not even sit still to watch tv.  I mean he would try and go out side and play.  I know how hard it is when you don't get any sleep at all.  I finally took him back to the doctor and they changed his meds a little bit and added a sleeping pill to him and it has really helped.  I tried everything to get him to sleep including the baby tyneyl and nothing would help him out.  He would still get up at 1 am and be up the rest of the day and night.  It was horrible.  Hang in there and hope that this sleeping pill will work for him.  If you ever want to vent please feel free to do so.
MOmomof8
by on Jul. 27, 2007 at 7:41 PM
I hope his new pill helps.  If it don't they may have a respite that can take him for 6 hours so you can sleep.  That's all I can think of.  Of course it's been years since I had to deal with this issue.  My son is now 21 & he still don't sleep, but I don't have to stay up with him anymore, thank God.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)