Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She said never again.

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 12:58 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 416 Total Views

Poll

Question: When you and the ol man get into a big nasty fight do you:

Options:

Use the oppurtunity to break all the ugly dishware in the kitchen.

Slam the door to the bedroom, after tossing out his pillow.

Leave the house to cool down.

We never get into big nasty fights. We are the effin Walton's.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 12

View Results

I had a conversation with my uncle about women they other day.  He maintains that women are much harder and more cold hearted than men.  He suggested that when a woman gets to the point in a relationship where she says never again, what she means is GET OUT BEFORE I EAT YOUR FACE.

I think he is correct. 

Oh, not in the beginning of a relationship.  In the early weeks/months/years women are all about trying to make her man happy.  Early in the romance, a woman does her best to please her man and to anticipate what he will be needing/wanting from her next.

But then?  The man does something astronomically stupid and he is unaware of the ramifications of the event.  Have you ever noticed how cute a man's facial expression is when the ol lady blows?  They always have this adorable deer in the head light look, they never seem to realize the blow-up is coming until they are hip deep in the resulting debris.

As an example:
    Last night my husband suggested that I did not know how to mow the lawn correctly.  That I mowed like a woman.  That I should emulate his mad lawn care skillz.   That the stripes that the lawn mower--operated by me--left in the grass where going to heap shame upon the heads of our family.

I told him I would never do it again.

How long do you think it will take him to realize I meant I will never leave stripes in the grass again, because I will never mow the lawn again?

by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mommie_rose
by Member on Jun. 14, 2007 at 1:47 PM
Yeah, it's gonna take him weeks of the grass getting taller and taller...then he'll say, casually, so when were you planning on mowing the lawn?...if he's anything like mine.
beckiesue
by New Member on Jun. 15, 2007 at 12:39 PM

*Giggle*

...and we have great memories too! For instance, I had been nicely ASKING my husband what he was planning on doing for the week-end(this was almost a month ago) and when he said,"I don't know ,what do you think?"

I applauded my SENSIBLE manuever and said,"Well, we could install the new back door...?
His Reply? " I  WISH! YOU would quit bitching about that. I will do it when I want to."
Now THAT took me completely from behind.In fact I was so flumoxed ,that I didn't say a thing.......!

My husband is a carpenter and he finds all sorts of good things that are getting tossed (sort of like Deb's Hubby) and finds good uses for them.He brought this huge ,heavy,ugly ,yellow ,metal door and SAID! "If you paint this up the same color as the front door I will install it".
 I did...
He didn't.......

This was in the merry month of August.....
It is now....June

On Friday, my girls and I clean the house real good for the coming week....I was handing out the chore lists and he came in and said

" Those girls need to fold the socks"

(The girls throw all the socks they wash in a big basket and don't fold  them until the sock basket is running over ,OR, Dad needs socks.....have you ever had a sleepy eyed man that has to dig for socks at 5:00 a.m. ?!)
This is a  constant bone of contention in his mind...something that HE thinks should be important to us, because it means HE is important to us.

"Well ,the house chores come first....but they will get them done,"

" Yeah, I know how that will turn out"

""Sorta like your DOOR you mean? And what was it you said?
i WISH you'd quit bitchin' about it, I'll get it done when I want too..

He had deer in the headlight look.....just Don't tell him I told you so

Kelly4270
by on Jun. 19, 2007 at 3:27 PM

We don't normally fight.  We've been together for 20 years(married for 16)  I think we've said our peace to each other.

Kelly(AKA Kelly4270)-SAHM to 4!

Vader13
by on Jun. 21, 2007 at 11:59 AM
I have a sign that I hang up at my desk that says "Men are Idiots".   My friend had me put it there after yet another complaint of some stupid thing my boyfriend did.  

Don't get me wrong, I'm in no way a man-hater.  In fact, the things the drive me the craziest about men are some of the things that I love the most about them.  But I just think men are wired to be more selfish.  Not to say that there aren't many wonderful, giving, loving men who would do anything for us.  But I don't think that they understand that they're being selfish half the time.

Of course, on the flip side, I'm pretty sure my boyfriend is close to never doing the dishes again because I complain everytime he does them.  I've had to resort to not looking at them or putting them away until he's out of sight so that I can re-wash them if necessary.   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)