Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Jenna's checkup

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:29 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 291 Total Views
Well, Jennas check up was today with the orthopedic and after xrays and an exam- she is GREAT!  Her hip is perfectly developed and there are no lingering issues.  The 6 months she spent in the harness was brutal, but in the end the result will last a lifetime- Im so happy today.
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
KailaE
by on Jul. 26, 2007 at 1:10 AM
OH! That is so great to hear!!! How exciting! Well, I wish the best of luck to you and your little girl and your family!!!!!

Lilypie Expecting a baby TickerLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
jennasmom
by Group Owner on Jul. 26, 2007 at 7:22 AM

Quoting KailaE:

OH! That is so great to hear!!! How exciting! Well, I wish the best of luck to you and your little girl and your family!!!!!

thanks!  I just was on our group site and wanted to say- I cannot believe the pic of Adara!  That cast had to be SO hard to deal with, my heart broke when I saw the pic.  I cannot imagine.  Did you have to tape the diapers to the cast?
KailaE
by on Jul. 26, 2007 at 7:49 AM
Oh, the diapering! lol. We actually manages to stick the diaper kind of up in the cast. lke, just around the edges. It was a task every time. But there was tape all around the opening that was waterproof. Since she was on her back alll the time the urine really leaked into the back and we changed the tape all the time. It was an experience none of us want to do again. The cast came off last thursday!! Hurray! now she just wears a little foam piece in between her legs. Today is our first physical therapy apt. We will be going 2-3 times a week for a few weeks.

Wil your little girl have to go through some physical therapy? How old is she?

jennasmom
by Group Owner on Jul. 26, 2007 at 8:45 AM
I cannot believe that... that was really what I was hoping we wouldnt have to go through.  Jenna doesnt have to go through anything.  She was in the Pavlik Harness for her first 6 months but has been out for 3 months.  She has had no delay in anything...  she is crawling like crazy and even starting to walk!! She just turned 10 months old this past Monday.  Im so happy.
KailaE
by on Jul. 26, 2007 at 8:48 AM
O! I love that crawl/walk stage! Thats nice she didn't have to do any Physical therapy, she just got up and went! Good for her!!! Well, I am very glad to hear she is doing so well! Soon you just might not be able to catch up with her!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)