• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello Everyone

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 8:48 PM
  • 62 Replies
  • 2016 Total Views
Hi everyone! You guys sure are quiet. I guess chasing after all these kids with ADHD wears all of us out. LOL I just wish I had their energy. Gosh I would have everything done. Well just wanted to say hi and how ya doing?

Lisa
by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 8:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
carouselgirl
by New Member on Feb. 26, 2007 at 4:58 PM
Hello!  I'm new to Cafe Mom.  I have two sons, ages 6 and 9. My 9 year old had ADHD and LD.  I look forward to connecting with other moms who deal with the same issues that these conditions can bring on.  I also have a blog about these issues at:  www.adhdguide.blogspot.com 
angelsun5067
by on Mar. 21, 2007 at 5:14 PM
hi i am new to this group i have two sons my 6yo is adhd and ocd and my two yrold is ocd... we are struggling with the med situation for adhd...he have been on adderallxr and focalin right now we are trying attentive child and dha...hoping for something? any advice on meds ? i'm not so sure about this natural stuff....know anything about it? talk to you soon
sheree
blessedwth9
by New Member on Aug. 1, 2007 at 7:32 PM
Hello I'm Lisa I have 2 boys 13 and 14 my 14 year old has ADHD and I have 4 girls all grown 27, 26, 25, and 24 and I have 9 grandkids ages from 7 to 16 mos. 4 girls 5 boys. I live in Chesterfield Va. I'm single and I'm 45. I'm a stay home mom not all by chose I'm disable I've had 4 back surgeries I have asthma w/ COPD, the only good thing out of this all is I had to lose weight because I use to weight 350lbs so they let me have gastric bypass surgery so in '04 I did and lost 195lbs now I am doing maintenance work on the body. just had my second surgery on Monday one more to go, In the process of doing all of this I have decided to write a book I really don't know what I am doing but I pray it turn out good , so in my process I now weigh 155lbs. So I have now introduced my life to you all!!!    
spamula
by Member on Dec. 10, 2007 at 9:09 AM
Hi I have a 9 year old son with ADHD , Adjustment disorder with Anxiety(one step below OCD) and he won't take his meds. It is not fun in our house as this affects all of us here. He absolutly refuses no matter what we take away or dangle in front of him. He will not do it. We have tried everything.
kylaford
by New Member on Jan. 4, 2008 at 12:04 PM
Hi I'm new and I have a 6 year old who's ADHD boy is he a hand full I also babysit two other kids one 8 and ADHD and not on anything so I have 4 boys that run around the house all day and drive me nuts.
wwjd2007
by on Jan. 7, 2008 at 4:08 AM
Hi     

I'm new to the group my daughter is now 12 and been diagnosed
with adhd since she was 7.
killapiller
by New Member on Jan. 21, 2008 at 6:13 PM

Hello All,
    My name is Renee and I am a single mother of a 5 year old son with ADHD.  I could really use some insight in how to parent him.  I have faught with the school system and the insurance system since he was three and a half.  I am working on my BA in education and from what I was learning, and my family history, I knew my son exhibited the signs of ADHD.  This has been an uphill battle and I feel as if I am loosing my stamina.  Any support would be greatly appreciated.

TerriK
by Member on Jan. 24, 2008 at 11:31 AM
Hi!  I'm new to this group too.  I have a 5-year-old son with ADHD and possibly very mild autism.  I would love to connect with moms with the same challenges.  My son is getting extra help at school and I am really pleased with the results!!!  I am getting excellent daily reports!  He currently is not on any meds and I'm in no hurry to put him on any.
momtocmm
by New Member on Jan. 25, 2008 at 8:38 AM
Hi,

I have a 10 year old who also has ADHD and a LD.  He is in a self contained class at school.  It seems everyday is a  struggle for him.
Sam2hill5
by New Member on Jan. 28, 2008 at 6:29 PM
Hello, I am a SAHM, with 3 children my 7 yr old is ADHD with asthma and a heart defect. He constantly aggravates his sister age 3, but most of the time he too busy messing with his Nintendo ds. However, he is loving to his littlest sister 8 weeks old. I am new to Cafe mom as well a dealing with a child with ADHD.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)