Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Crow

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2011 at 7:58 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 551 Total Views

It represents the shadow self, is a shapeshifter, messenger, romantic, intelligent, tricky, magic. It's element is Air. It is a neutral animal, it's neither good or bad. It's an animal totem of many but is special to me as I also have native american blood. They are omen bringers.They are also identified with healing. It is associated with solar power, worshipper of the sun, death, war, disaster. It is a spirit of prophecy. She also represent the Crone aspect of the Goddess. The crow is an animal not bound by the limits of time and space.

The Dieties associated with Crow:

Morighann

Badbh

Cath u bodua

Epona

Kali

Macha

Nantosuelta

Nephthys

Odin

Tlazolteotl

There is a Native American Myth, Legend that tells us the crow was so fascinated with her own shadow that she bought it to life by pecking at it until it came to life and ate her. This is how she became a messenger of both worlds the mundane and magical, the insider of both life and death. She became the mystery that she foretells to others.

I have no specific sources of where I gathered this information so I can't quote an exact site.

by on Mar. 25, 2011 at 7:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Hedgewitch
by Group Admin on Mar. 26, 2011 at 9:19 AM

Thank you for the information

ginal966
by on Mar. 26, 2011 at 11:51 AM

I think the crow gets a bad rap!  The crow is seen as evil, maybe because of the movies.   Some even confuse the crow with the larger Raven.  Crows are special and unique. You are lucky to have himamd he is lucky to have you.

MamaK88
by on Mar. 27, 2011 at 10:31 AM

Looking back, Grandma Birkel ad a familar named Joe the Crow...he liked to steel our hats. 

sonally
by on Aug. 10, 2011 at 8:08 AM

Crow.  My totem-Guardian as well. They had been absent from my yard  for a few weeks, now they are back. My whole self sighs with relief and contentment as I hear them caw..... I am planning a feeding platform for the far back yard my the wooded area. I am very glad to find other women who honor the Crow.

sonally
by on Aug. 10, 2011 at 8:10 AM

oh. It seems Autumn Crow is off the site. :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)