Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CALLING ALL GLTB'S AND METHODISTS!

Posted by on May. 20, 2007 at 8:54 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 210 Total Views
I got this letter in the mail last week and have been fuming about it ever since.  I've only managed to read the first line before my blood pressure skyrockets and I feel like throwing up.  It says:

"Dear United Methodist Friend,
Did you know that radical pro-Homosexuality activists will be leading the worship services a the upcoming General Conference of the United Methodist Church in Spring 2008?

We believe this is wrong!  So you agree?  If so, please read on.  We are working to restore United Methodism to accountability and biblical beliefs.

At least one of these radical activists has been arrested at a past General Conference for performing "civil disobedience" in protest against our church's stance on marriage and sexual morality."

It continues on, but there is also a newsletter insert asking people to please write to the following people to protest "their selection of those diverse figures".  Here are the address:

Commission Chairwoman
Gail Murphy-Geiss
17984 E. Ida Ave
Centennial, CO 80015
Fax 303-722-0624
E-mail gmurphygeiss@comcast.net

Vice Chair David Wilson
3020 S. Harvey
Oklahoma City, OK 73109
Fax 405-632-0209
E-mail dwoimc@aol.com

I think they should be THANKED for standing up and bringing these "pro-homosexuals" in to speak. 

The committee who sent this mailing out is also asking for monetary donations to help fund their protests as well.  Let's thank the two above for what they're going to move us forward and write to the following to show them we will not be put down!

UM Action Executive Director
Mark Tooley
The Institute on Relgion and Democracy
1023 15th Street NW, Suite 601
Washington, DC 20005-2601
Phone 202-682-4131
E-mail umactions@ird-renew.org
Website www.ird-renew.org/umaction

Pass this on to others, let's do this together!
by on May. 20, 2007 at 8:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Nina228
by on Sep. 5, 2007 at 12:19 AM

Im not Methodist (I'm baptist) but it still offends me deeply that these individuals could protest a group of people who only seek love. We are who God made us to be. I wonder whatever happened to "Love thy neighbor as you would yourself"? And if we are sinners, well hasnt everyone "Let those without sin cast the first stone" isn't it said that "All sins are equal in the eyes of the Lord". To lie is to sin, they ask us not to act upon homosexuality but wouldn't that just be another sin? To lie about who we are and to disclaim the way that God has created us? I look at these people who self-righteously impose their terms on people. We are all God's children & I was always taught and believe that he is a loving God. He does not hate or judge or look down upon or disown his children for being who they are. He cherishes each and everyone of us and it is for no person to decide who we are and who we should be because the day we were created God made that decision alone.

pluma69
by New Member on Sep. 5, 2007 at 2:26 PM
So much for the LAND AND OF THE FREE!!! people are so ignorant! i dont understand why they are such phonie balonies!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN