Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi

Posted by on Sep. 4, 2007 at 10:31 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 170 Total Views
Although I am married to a man I identify as bi-sexual. I dont belive this is a preferance or a choice. You are who God created you to be and I teach this to my children I want them to appreciate people not for who they are sexualy or what color their skin  but by who that person is inside.  And although I am proud of who I am, I dont know what to do. I recently moved to Missouri from Buffalo, NY. All of my family and friends there know and are completely supportive but no one here knows. Because I am married people automaticly assume I am straight and will laugh and make gay jokes in front of me. Although I always defend homosexuality and tell them that their jokes are unwanted  I never jump out and say "I am bi-sexual!" I am afraid of their reactions and what my husband would think of me just coming right out and saying it in front of his friends. I have no close friends here yet and Im afraid if I did I wouldnt know how to tell them for fear of how they too would react. I need all the advice I can get. Thank you all for listening and for any help you can give.
by on Sep. 4, 2007 at 10:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
BlackStarOsha
by New Member on Feb. 29, 2008 at 6:06 AM
 I don't know what kind of communication you have with your hubby, but if it were me, I would sit down or snuggle with him and share this experience of yours and ask what he thinks/ feels about you "coming out" basically.    He will feel good that you didn't take action without considering him, and you will get a chance to tell him how this experience makes you feel considering how you identify.   I am in a similar dynamic where I identify as bi but am in a hetero life partnership with a child.   I experience the same assumptions, which makes it hard to connect to women I am interested in (I have an open relationship)
But while I recommend having the convo with your hubby,  the decision is ultimately yours.   Be true to yourself, whatever that means to you.
BlackStarOshaUnplugged
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)