Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Non-stop

Posted by on Sep. 27, 2011 at 7:06 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 433 Total Views
Ok, maybe I am just short on patience this morning. I wonder if any of yall's kids constantly make noises. It isn't any sound in particular. It just is a constant never ending stream of sounds. The only time my dd is quiet is in her sleep. Well, that's when she sleeps. Lol. Today I feel like I am going mad as a hatter. Lol. Anyone else have this? Oh and thanks for letting me vent a bit.

Nessa
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 27, 2011 at 7:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
kjjones91
by Member on Sep. 27, 2011 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Constant chatter!  I understand.  My son makes Star Wars noises constantly.  Blasters and Light Sabers, not to mention then he gets out the actual toys.  I feel you, I'm going nuts too!  GL

LaNessafication
by New Member on Sep. 28, 2011 at 9:46 AM
Izzy explained to me yesterday that my asking her to stop only makes it worse. She said the reason she makes the sounds is so she can cope with her nervous energy. To her it is either make the sounds or cry. After she said that I actually felt much better about it and realized that I just need to learn how to stop it bothering me so. Thanks so much for the reply and for allowing me to complain about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DDDaysh
by Member on Sep. 28, 2011 at 3:55 PM

Oh yes, if my son isn't medicated he does this alot, especially when working on other tasks. 

bakelady
by New Member on Nov. 25, 2011 at 7:13 PM

Hi Nessa! I was saying the same, that my son is only quiet when he sleeps,  just yesterday! He is always making noises of all kinds, when he's not yelling, and stims so much. The Energizer Bunny would run from my son with fluffy tail tucked! lol. His behavior drives my anxiety up like crazy and exhausts me completely. My Aspie is 8 and I also have a 3 year old son. Have you ever tried Melatonin for your daughter's sleep problems? We use it every night. It used to take my son two to three hours to go to sleep each night. Now, 3 mg of Melatonin, and in 20 minutes he's telling us he's ready to go to bed. It is amazing! And vent anytime, i think we all need to be able to do that so we don't lose it at home. :-) 

norest4theweary
by New Member on Dec. 12, 2011 at 1:34 PM

MY SON TENDS TO PICK UP LITTLE THINGS LIKE SOUNDS AND THEY WILL CHANGE UP EVERY SO OFTEN. IT MIGHT BE A BUZZING OR A MOTORBOAT SOUND.  IT ONLY ANNOYS ME WHEN I HAVE HAD A STRESSFUL DAY.....WHEN DON'T I HAVE A STRESSFUL DAY? LOL! I BELIEVE IT IS NORMAL.

mom2williamb
by New Member on Dec. 16, 2011 at 10:14 PM

i know how you feel my ds never stops. very hard to deal with and sometimes i feel i am going crazy

mom2williamb
by New Member on Dec. 16, 2011 at 10:16 PM

my son makes siren noises and they are high pitched

ddrummond
by New Member on Feb. 24, 2012 at 2:31 PM

My son is 9 with aspergers and every day when he gets home from school he has the same routine.  He skips through the entire house with a Honda car (he loves Hondas) in his hand humming.  Back and forth.. back and forth.. hummm - hummmm - hummmm. I asked him one day. "Bran.. why do you run through the house humming like that"  he said "Mom.. I'm concentrating... I have a lot of information in my head and I'm thinking about a lot of different things".  I said OK.. continue.  Gotta luv them...

DragonflyWings8
by New Member on Mar. 28, 2012 at 3:30 PM

My son is nine with aspergers. He has made car noises when playing with them (which is all the time) since he was two. If anyone makes a noise he mimicks and runs with that for a while. Then back to car sounds. After a while you get better at tuning it out. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)