Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what to do? what to do?

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 7:38 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 151 Total Views

My son is almost 6 and has Aspergers.. I am having trouble getting him to respond to any command I ask him to do .. this has been going on for quite som etime & right now i am about to pull my hair out.. We also have a very bright girl... who is excelled she just turned 2 and knows how to count to 20, knows her colors, some of the ABC's and talks in full sentances since 1 yrs old.. the problem Iam having is my son refused to follow simple directions.. directions that 6 months ago he would follow with no problem at all.. I have used time out's, sitting in the corner, making him lay down, nothing is working.. we even have a bahavoir counsler... I have caught him telling my daughter to get into things and break it.. which really frustrates me and he laughs when I get angry over all this.. I know I shouldn't show him that iam frustrated or angry its just hard somedays when we does this stuff on purpose to see me get mad.. Another thing that is hard for me is my husband is a medic so his shifts are 24 hr every other day & 48 hr every other weekend.. so I know what its like to be a single parent as most of the time I kinda am.. if you know what I mean.. I need to find a new way to handle this where Iam not always mad or frustrated.. can anyone give me suggestions?

by on May. 8, 2009 at 7:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)