Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lord of the Rings Online

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2007 at 11:06 AM
  • 10 Replies
  • 393 Total Views
I couldn't possibly be the only mom here that plays LoTR online, where you all at?
by on Dec. 17, 2007 at 11:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hopeandglory53
by on Dec. 17, 2007 at 2:30 PM
I couldn't get past 1 hr of the Beta testing...it felt way too much like a free game I used to play called Knight Online.  So I stuck with Guild Wars :P

But enjoy!
munkie
by Member on Dec. 17, 2007 at 6:28 PM
oh its up already?
we've been waiting for it, and just got so tired of waiting me and my b/f just stuck to wow and halo for a while

well then i'll be on sometime soon and will be sure to message you when i am!
:D
dueinfeb2008
by New Member on Dec. 17, 2007 at 7:13 PM
I used to play it. Went and bought the game in August because they were doing a "free 30 days" if you signed up for an account in august.. so beside the 30days from the box you got another 30.. Well.. they screwed everyone out of it.. Unless you sent them an e-mail and complained, they didn't give the free 30 days.

That, and the lack of a real pvp system, made my hubby and I return to WoW.. hehe

LilypieExpecting a baby Ticker

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Clairwil
by Member on Oct. 27, 2008 at 6:16 PM

There is some P vs P, but I'd have to say, for me, the enjoyable bit is doing the quests.  They add new areas every month, so if you get the lifetime subscription there is always new stuff to do.

I'm looking forwards to the mines of moria expansion.  I've got a level 50 captain, minstrel, loremaster and am working on a hunter.

There is some roleplaying but, even on the roleplaying servers it is little and far between.

Autumn978
by New Member on Feb. 1, 2009 at 8:25 PM

I love LOTR and I didn't know there was a game. What does it cost and is it a download and what is the address? Please.  Thanks

ruejacobs
by on Jul. 23, 2010 at 11:32 PM

i find the graphics engine for this game to be superior to every MMORPG i have tried (at least a dozen of them) so far (well except for Aion, but then Aion's customer service department is run by retarded chimpanzes). the water, light, shadows, and reflections just knock me out. i'm not to keen on the economy, but that's probley because i only just started playing the game. and i chose unprofitable professions, to boot...i simply like to Farm. i never found a comparable prof for Farming except in Warhammer, but who wants to grow a plant in their backpack the way you have to in Warhammer?!

i find most quests are fairly easy, if long-winded (those hobbity ones sure do go on and on, don't they?) and silver, if not gold seems reasonably easy to earn in order to raise profs and send mats to your alts.

i hope it continues to hold my atention. this is the sixth MMORPG my partner has bought for me in a year! lol

thundersky
by on Nov. 3, 2010 at 3:35 AM

i play LOTRO and love it

Clairwil
by Member on Mar. 15, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Quoting Autumn978:

I love LOTR and I didn't know there was a game. What does it cost and is it a download and what is the address? Please.  Thanks

It is now free to play.

The address is:

https://signup.lotro.com/

There was a new content release just 4 days ago.

gizmo538
by on May. 10, 2012 at 5:53 PM

I'm a five year player. I have the lifetime membership. I play on the server Nimrodel :)

CorrineW88
by New Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:33 PM

I just started playing it cause I didn't know it exsisted. I play on Brandywine as a hobbit cause Merry and Pippin are my favorites. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)