Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my husband is not the prenancy partner i thought he would be!

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2011 at 9:22 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 410 Total Views

Its possible its partly my hormones makin me crazy and insecure but ever since I told my husband we were pregnant he's changed-and not for the better. He's distant and doesnt want to spend time with me like he used to.Before I got pregnant he wanted to spend every waking minute with me and now its like any excuse to work late or be with his friends he jumps on it. Last night he didnt get home til 8:30pm and he usually gets gome around 4pm. He didnt call or tell me to go ahead and eat without him or anything. the only reason i even knew he was ok was cuz I text him to ask him. when i asked what he was doing he said he was just sittin at the shop drinkin beer. It really makes  me feel like shit that he'de rather hang out at work after hours than be home with me!!!! Im really bummed.

by on Jun. 9, 2011 at 9:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
sassy21176
by Member on Jun. 10, 2011 at 6:15 PM

you poor thing its his lost he"s acting like a real a-- some guys act different hey don"t worry about it cause u a beatuful person iam proud to call ya friend u need a  hugscongerlations just be happy be healthy for your baby!! drink your self a fruit smoothie relax if i was there i kick your husband but!lol

april666
by New Member on Jun. 10, 2011 at 6:21 PM

thanks-hopefully our weekend will prove to better!

Blue_Spiral
by on Aug. 11, 2011 at 1:03 AM

I'm so sorry.

When I got pregnant I felt so lonely. My husband didnt act quite like you describe yours, but he wasn't as caring and interested in some things like I thought he would be.

And, I desperately needed other women and moms to talk to but nobody was available to me, even when I reached out, so I think I maybe needed more out of my husband because of that...

Teenadawn
by New Member on Sep. 10, 2011 at 2:49 AM

Quoting Blue_Spiral:

I'm so sorry.

When I got pregnant I felt so lonely. My husband didnt act quite like you describe yours, but he wasn't as caring and interested in some things like I thought he would be.

And, I desperately needed other women and moms to talk to but nobody was available to me, even when I reached out, so I think I maybe needed more out of my husband because of that...

You took the words out of my mouth.

CH3RRYL1PS
by on Sep. 13, 2011 at 12:23 PM

I know how you feel. My bf is the same way. I used to blow up his phone cause he wouldnt tell me that he was going anywhere, and we always do dinner together! We have a three year old now and Im expecting the second time around with him. This time he is better around the house and understands that I need him to be with me and help me out a little, except his attitude is mostly the same. I thought I was in labor and so we went to the hospital and instead of being kind and supportive, he was short and sarcastic when I would get upset. I dont know what to tell you but you are not the only one that goes through this type of thing. Its like I know that I want him to be more kind and sympathetic and ask me how I am, but I refuse to tell him. Its not my job to tell him what kind of a person he should be and I HATE asking for stuff because I think he should want to do it on his own without being told. I only feel this way because I used to ask him and tell him all the time, and it still didnt get me anywhere. At least you have support here on cafemom.

sassy21176
by Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:22 AM

sorry girl just know he"s losing out stay happy & be healthy ...congulations

nessame2009
by on Oct. 18, 2011 at 8:28 PM

I went through this with me son's father... so i started doing things without him.. i went to baby stores and did other things that where good for the baby, even joined a local mommy group to help with the loneliness.. it helped some but never fxed the problem with him! 

achapman
by on Mar. 3, 2012 at 9:45 PM

my DH didn't even bother to look away from the computer when i told him i was prego but now that our son is here he is 100% better he told me that he was overwhelmed because he already has 3 kids from another relationship but it still hurt at the time.

ohso_cute
by New Member on Apr. 1, 2012 at 4:36 AM

Im i n the same boat. Its very lonely going thru this alone.

Tammy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)