Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Struggling...

Posted by on Aug. 14, 2011 at 10:34 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 213 Total Views

I don't know if anyone else is going through this, or has gone through it, but I have a problem that I am really embarrassed about.

I have type II bipolar disorder and just found out 6 months ago. I still don't feel well from the medication and the side effects from the medication are so bad. I feel like the worst mother on earth. Before dealing with this, I was dealing with auto immune diseases and was sick ALL the time. I was feeling really depressed last night when I tucked my beautiful daughter into bed and didn't want her to see me cry anymore, so I told her I was sick and had to go. She held my face and said, 'You are always sick, Mommy.'

I just want to feel well and be the mom I know I can be... The mom I used to be before all of this sickness started.

I have been so ashamed of what's going on that I haven't really seen any of my friends in about 6 months... When I have really bad up's and down's I just tell people that I am sick or that I am not feeling well. I am tired of lying about it. I am just looking for someone to relate to.

Please respond if you have dealt with any health issues that you feel are getting in the way of being the mom you want to be. This is SO hard and I just need a friend right now.

thanks for reading.

Andi

by on Aug. 14, 2011 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
dimpsedee34me
by New Member on Aug. 18, 2011 at 2:00 AM

I have borderline bipolar disorder, depression/anxiety, I have been on meds for the past 8 years and it has helped tremendously. I can tell when I've missed a dose and so can my family, and though the thought of being on pills for the rest of my life annoys me I know that its the only way I can have a "normal" and happy life.

Please make sure to stay in communication with your doctor(s) to make sure that you are receiving the correct doses - it takes alot of trial and error but in the end you'll be on a med that will help you be the you you want to be.

And know that you are a good mom, it's alot to deal with and you are trying to deal with it. Also talk to your friends, let them know whats going on, they are your friends for a reason so let them know, its nothing to be ashamed of.

I hope that I have helped a bit. feel free to drop me a line anytime if you need to vent-

Dee

Lady8Andi
by on Sep. 3, 2011 at 9:53 PM

Quoting dimpsedee34me:

I have borderline bipolar disorder, depression/anxiety, I have been on meds for the past 8 years and it has helped tremendously. I can tell when I've missed a dose and so can my family, and though the thought of being on pills for the rest of my life annoys me I know that its the only way I can have a "normal" and happy life.

Please make sure to stay in communication with your doctor(s) to make sure that you are receiving the correct doses - it takes alot of trial and error but in the end you'll be on a med that will help you be the you you want to be.

And know that you are a good mom, it's alot to deal with and you are trying to deal with it. Also talk to your friends, let them know whats going on, they are your friends for a reason so let them know, its nothing to be ashamed of.

I hope that I have helped a bit. feel free to drop me a line anytime if you need to vent-

Dee

Lady8Andi
by on Sep. 3, 2011 at 9:55 PM

Thanks so much for you empathy! It has been a rough road, but I am doing better! Not perfect, but better. I can function for the most part (for the time being). HOpe you are well!!!! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN