Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pick your favorite and tell us why :)

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:22 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 273 Total Views

Children are the living messages we send to a time we will not see.  ~Neil Postman, The Disappearance of Childhood (introduction), 1982

Children are one third of our population and all of our future.  ~Select Panel for the Promotion of Child Health, 1981

You are worried about seeing him spend his early years in doing nothing.  What!  Is it nothing to be happy?  Nothing to skip, play, and run around all day long?  Never in his life will he be so busy again.  ~Jean-Jacques Rousseau, Emile, 1762

If our American way of life fails the child, it fails us all.  ~Pearl S. Buck

by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
DJsMommy926
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:08 PM

Quoting nacherluver:

Children are the living messages we send to a time we will not see.  ~Neil Postman, The Disappearance of Childhood (introduction), 1982

My greatest hope is that my grandchildren will be positively influenced by me, even if they were to never meet me. 

MrsManners
by New Member on May. 3, 2010 at 1:49 PM

If our American way of life fails the child, it fails us all.  ~Pearl S. Buck

I think this has to be my favorite, it reminds me that we need to take responsibility as a society for our most precious resource, our children.  If we fail them by not teaching things like tolerance, empathy, civic and social responsibility, etc then we will ultimately pay the price for our unwise choices.  

I am new to this group and I am so tickled to find such a wise and wonderful group of women, I love every post I read.  Thank you so much!

Angela Pitre, CMA
Mother to Griffin

Manners for the Modern Family  Group Owner

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)