Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fibromyalgia Awareness Day is May 15th

Posted by on May. 4, 2010 at 7:21 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 250 Total Views

Fibromyalgia is a disorder of the Central Nervous System that causes Chronic and debilitating pain, sleep disorders and many other awful things that come along with it.  The reason I wanted to add it in is two fold, 1. I have it.  2. It's a great one to talk to your family about because it is more or less invisible.  Other than on days where I can't walk well or am bed ridden, you wouldn't know there is a thing wrong with me.  Yet there are nearly 10 million people who have this and there are more and more cases of Juvenile Fibromyalgia every day. 

If you are interested in learning more or want to get involved, you can go to this site for suggestions and to see if there is an event you can participate in locally!  Thank you so much!

http://www.fmaware.org/site/PageServer?pagename=community_awarenessDay2010

Angela Pitre, CMA
Mother to Griffin

Manners for the Modern Family  Group Owner

by on May. 4, 2010 at 7:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
nacherluver
by Group Admin on May. 5, 2010 at 7:23 AM

Thanks so much for this great link! I also suffer from fibro. I went to the site and tried to find a walk near me and found nothing. I am trying to google a fibro group near me and so far cannot find one in my State! What a drag. It would be great to join a group with people who understand the debilitation and misery. It's often quite depressing and lonely to deal with.

If I find a walk happening for awareness day, I will definitely include my kids (that's if I'm feeling up to the walk).

Thanks again!

MrsManners
by New Member on May. 5, 2010 at 8:19 AM

Naherluver, there is an awesome group here on Cafe Mom, it has helped me immensely!  I do a daily post in there under Fibrocising (my term for exercising with fibro), but this is a really great supportive and positive group of women!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/12347

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)