Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Community Service Post: Fireflies in need of little scientists!

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:03 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 489 Total Views

Check out the information in this blog.  Here's a chance for kids to paricipate in some scientific research with counting fireflies and noticing patterns of their flashes, etc.

We're out catching fireflies every night, so this is right up our alley.  Plus, Cate LOVES bugs and she'll love being able to input her information into the computer!

~Courtney

What use is a house if you haven't got a tolerable planet to put it on?

Henry David Thoreau

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
sarah_smile
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 7:43 AM

I talked with Arik this morning (he is 5 years old), and he was excited to be able to count fireflies with me. We went to the museum site and signed him up. We live in the city ourselves, but we are in the process of moving out to the country, so we will be observing in the evenings as we visit my parents near where we will be living.

ChelseaWoolf
by Group Owner on Jul. 13, 2010 at 6:11 PM

This is such a great project!  Thanks so much for sharing, mama.  You know how I LOVE fireflies **wink!**  Much love to you!!

lightbulb

morganaross
by New Member on Jul. 14, 2010 at 8:09 AM

This is excellent.  My 10 and 6 year olds have been out nearly every night this summer catching fireflies.  I may have to see if they want to participate.

Enchantee
by on Jul. 28, 2010 at 4:12 PM

Fantastic!  What a great way for kids to shine...pun intended.  *giggle*

I love this idea!  Thank you for sharing!

Love & light...Ceci 

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." ~ Sophia Loren (1934 ~ present)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)