Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I knew there was a reason I liked "Blossom" :)

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:02 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 293 Total Views
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
RadicalMama
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 7:23 PM

Too cool :)

solitary birthing intact keeping no vaxing attachment parenting cloth diapering baby wearing breastfeeding family bedding consensual living unschooling free range kid-ing feminist social justice seeking photography loving journaling scrapbooking quote collecting reflective positive hippy happily-single mama

ThaMCE
by Group Admin on Aug. 29, 2009 at 1:09 PM

Isn't it? I just wish they hadn't used the word "unconventional," it makes it seem like our parenting styles are just WAY out there, when it's been done for years and years in many cultures.  

RadicalMama
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 8:37 PM

I noticed that, too.  Honestly, it kinda bugged me that they made a point of mentioning her having a graduate education and such, as if mamas who didn't finish high school wouldn't be validated following this parenting path.  BUT I am thankful that it is becoming more "popular", and I know it needs to start somewhere.  In this country, people listen to celebrities, and our generation can relate to Blossom, so it works :)

solitary birthing intact keeping no vaxing attachment parenting cloth diapering baby wearing breastfeeding family bedding consensual living unschooling free range kid-ing feminist social justice seeking photography loving journaling scrapbooking quote collecting reflective positive hippy happily-single mama

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)