Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Major sleep issues

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:09 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 357 Total Views

OMG Abby will not go back to sleep.  Here it is 4:45am and I have been up with her since 2:30.  I knew it was going to be a bad night because when I went to get her out of her crib to give her a bottle she smiled at me.  That usually means to her PLAY TIME!  I just ignore the smile hoping she will go back to sleep easy and don't play with her.  I have tried everything I can do to put her to sleep and it's not working.  I fed her a bottle and she was asleep until I put her back in her crib then it was on.  I tried giving her her binki that didn't work so I sat there with her rubbing her head hoping to make her tired and fall asleep and that didn't work.  She just fought it.  I can't leave her in there to cry at this time of night or morning however u want to look at it, because she shares a room with her big sister.  So I brought her back into the livingroom thinking she wanted more time to snuggle with mama and that didn't work.  I gave her her binki because she likes to have something to suck on when trying to go to sleep and that didn't work.  I got her another bottle thinking she might be hungry and that didn't even work.  She ended up hitting the bottle out of my hand.  I put her in her car seat because sometimes that works when nothing else does and that didn't even work.  She got really pissed and started screaming and crying so I propped her bottle up while she was in the car seat because sometimes that works as well and she wasn't having that either.  She knocked it off into the floor.  I even tried putting her in front of the tv hoping that would work.  Guess what?  It didn't!  She is usually only up for an hour.  I don't know what her deal is but she did not want anything to do with me after she figured out I wasn't going to play with her in the middle of the night.  I have tried the CIO method during the day at nap time and a couple times at bed time because she goes to bed earlier than big sister does.  Each time I ended up having to go in there and get her because she would cry so hard like someone was seriously hurting her and she would make herself sick.  I don't know what else to do.  Do u ladies have any suggestions for me?  Am I doing something wrong?  My 5 year old daughter didn't have a problem sleeping until she was 1.5 years old.  I used the CIO method with her then and that worked wonders but Abby is so stubborn.  It seems like there is no trying to convince her.  If u have any suggestions I would love to hear them.  No bashing if u don't agree with how I raise my children.  If u don't like it please don't respond.

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Abby1108
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:54 PM

Bump does anyone even come check out this group anymore?

Abby1108
by on Apr. 10, 2009 at 4:30 AM

K guess no one comes to this group anymore so i'm removing myself.  Please don't bother responding to the post now.  Thanx!

LOVEMYBABYBOY
by New Member on Nov. 28, 2009 at 8:10 PM

Somethings I do to get mine to sleep is put him in his crib and vacuum his room in the dark till he falls a sleep. I have even put him in his swing in the kitchen and turned on the exhaust fan, Sometimes it works well

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)