Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MELALEUCA SUCKS! They suck you in, but it's a scam.

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2007 at 11:33 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 2352 Total Views
SCAM, SCAM, SCAM. The girl that I spoke with (katherine) made it seem like it was so wonderful. Come to find out it took her months to get a measly small check from this stupid company. This is not a real company, and I hope it goes under.
by on Oct. 5, 2007 at 11:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ratmamma
by New Member on Oct. 17, 2007 at 7:20 PM
I'm so sorry you feel this way. But I am very happy with the company. Did this person think she wouldn't have to work? That it would just fall into her hands? There is no such thing. This requires work and consistency. And this company will not be going under. They've been around for 22 years now and still going strong. They care about the average person and want to help them. But you have to do the work. You can ask any person involved in any work at home business and they will tell you that you have to work to make it happen. I've been with Melaleuca over 18 months now and believe in the company and the products 110%!
natjm27
by New Member on Oct. 18, 2007 at 1:42 PM
I don't know if you mean that it sucks as in their products or just the business end of it.  I LOVE their products...won't use anything else in my home!!  With all the scare lately on recalled meds, staph infections etc... I love knowing that I am doing what I can as a mom to try and keep my family safe.  Also, my son has had asthma/allergies for over 5 years...we were on daily meds, once a week shots, and updrafts at night...since I have changed cleaning products we have slowly decreased the meds and now we aren't having to do the shots...I am not saying that this was a "cure-all"  but I do believe it has played a very important role in not having to use the meds/shots at this time.  As far as the business goes...you get back what you put into it...that goes with any business/relationship/life...I didn't look into this to start a business or to make a million dollars...I have only referred friends/family that I thought would benefit and have been able to enjoy a few extra dollars a month.  I look at that as a bonus to my using better/safer/more environmentally friendly products...If I wanted to invest more time I do think that you could make a good amount of money with Melaleuca...It isn't a scam, you get all the information you need upfront...it is a matter of reading all information...keeping organized...putting time and effort into it...
JMHO,
Natalie Mobley
HealthyMamma
by on Nov. 3, 2007 at 4:34 PM
I really love the products but am not a rep.  I signed up last spring because the girl told me I didn't have to buy something every month in order to stay with the company.  Come to find out they automatically charged me if I didn't order,and said i couldn't stay a rep unless I did purchase every month.  Sorry, but I can't buy $70 worth of stuff every month.  I got in the business cause I'm poor and like the natural route...so how do they think I can purchase that much stuff every month?  Especially when I didn't need to.  I've had items since I bought them back in February and still haven't run out....the stuff is that good.  I would love to do the business cause I love the products, but I just can't afford paying that much every month.  So, I have resorted to buying my products on Ebay.  Oh well.
HealthyMom27
by on Dec. 15, 2007 at 5:02 PM
I think that mela is a good company but the 35 points that one has to purchase each month is hard for some people.To the last poster your upline should have told you everything upfront before you signed up.
ashl1120
by on Jan. 23, 2008 at 11:40 PM
Did your enroller take you on the Live Overview Call? This totally explains EVERYTHING you need to know upfront.  Whether or not we are working the business side of it, we are ALL customers first.  How can you refer others to the company without experiencing the products first hand?  With that said,
the average product point order for a SINGLE person is 48 points per month.  If you are truly converting your home to using safer, healthier products, 35 points is nothing.  Remember there are over 400 products to chose from.  Do you brush your teeth, wash your hair, shave, use deoderant, use soap, hairstyling products, take vitamins, clean your clothes, wash your dishes, bathe your kids, clean your bathroom, your windows and mirrors?  Do you eat crackers or cookies, cereal?  Do you use Ibuprofen or cough medicine, cough drops, antibiotic ointment on the occasional cut or scrape?  Mela has all these things covered....you are supposed to switch stores.  If you shopped for these items there first, you would have no problem meeting the min. order.  I have been a customer for 3 years now and still haven't tried all the products they have to offer. 
Also, when you are working the business side of it, your check is completely dependant on the effort you put into it.  This is not a get rich quick scheme.  If you don't work, you don't get paid.  I am sorry you had a bad experience with your enroller.  One bad enroller can paint a negative picture of the entire company. 
fairyfirefli
by on Sep. 24, 2008 at 5:22 PM

I am truly sorry that you had a bad experience with Melaleuca.  The person that shared it with you must not have been honest and played the game of making it sound better than it was.  I am not saying here then that this isnt a great company cause it is the BEST!  This is one of the most wonderful company I have partnered with, ever.  My husband and I have tried many companies and we have found a home with Melaleuca, it has truly enhanced our lives.  This is definitely not a "Get Rich Quick."  This takes quite a bit work and determination, but is also "easy work".  I don't know how " They sucked you in?"  We are simply here to educate people and then let them make their own educated decision if better safer products would benefit them.  We have a 100% money back guarentee for the first WHOLE 5 MONTHS and the investment is only $29.  People pay more to be a member of Costco or Sam's Club and those companies don't fully support products made in the USA and they don't have a money back guarantee on their  membership or products!  Why do you think this is a SCAM??  And I feel very badly for the people who read this because MELALEUCA has been  a HUGE AND WONDERFUL BLESSING IN OUR LIVES!  I would love to talk over the phone with you if you would really like to know how you can create residual income with the BEST INC. 500 company on earth!! 

MISSgeorge
by on Sep. 26, 2008 at 3:52 AM

My last check was for 620.00 and I have been working for 3 months. It really is a great company but it sounds like you were hooked up with a terrible leader. My first check was 40. and my second was 200. and now it grew to 620.

It is all about your effort, your team support and training, and your business mind and professionalism. The products are real, and wonderful. Made a difference in my children and them struggling with Eczema. Eczema is literally non-existent.

You just got a bad leader, if you could even call her that. She sounds very unprofessional. I hope you feel better. Can always give me a shout if you want more information on "team" aspect of things.

Have a good weekend hun..

nanaevelyn
by on Oct. 7, 2008 at 2:54 AM

My check was $1798.00 last month.  It really is hard work but I would rather work at home than work hard outside of my home, where I would not be appreciated and not be able to see my granddaughter's smiling face every day!  We all have choices, go work out side if you don't like the companies you find here.  It is YOUR choice!

Evelyn www.thewhycircle.com/raemgarcia
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)