Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

im new and confused on my religion, what does it sound like to you?

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:53 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 546 Total Views

I am still working on what i believe. I was raised christian but always felt a pull tward wicca, but the one time when i was younger that i wanted to look into it i made the mistake of telling my mother who completely freaked out. I have never really been able to look into othre religions untill now, so i sortof eveloped my own theries:

I cane to the conclusion when i was 16 or 17 that 'God' was not quite like portraied in christianity. I vew 'God' to be more of an ultamate force (insted of almost human like how most christians seam to picture 'him') That this force is the ultamate source of nature, love, and harmony. (i know i probably sound liks a psycho). And i dont believe in a conventional 'hell', but think of it as more as a metifore. That while there may be a punishment after dath, that it is being seperated fromthe  nature, love, and harmony that we are given a chance to experience on earth. I have yet to draw conclusions to how long this p;unishment lasts (if it lasts forever, a pre-etermined amount of time, or if after serving there punishment a spirit is given the chance to return to earth and try again)

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MARQI
by Member on Feb. 2, 2009 at 4:04 AM

YOU ARE OK TRUST ME.  WE ALL HAVE STRUGGLED WITH THIS AT ONE TIME OR ANOTHER.  MY MOTHER FREAKED OUT ON ME TOO BUT I JUST KEPT ON DOING WHAT I KNEW WAS IN MY HEART.  I LISTEN TO MY SPIRIT SOUL AND HEART AND I THINK FOR MYSELF.  IVE BEEN STUDYING FOR A LONG TIME THERE 13 GOALS OF A CHRISTAIN WITCH

1 KNOW YOURSELF

2KNOWYOUR CRAFT

3LEARN

4APPLY KNOWLEDGE AND WISDOM

5 ACHIEVE BALANCE

6KEEP YOUR WORDS IN GOOD ORDER

7KEEP YOUR THOUGHTS IN GOOD ORDER

8CELEBRATE LIFE

9ATTUNE WITH THE CYCLES OF THE EARTH

10BREATHE AND EAT CORRECTLY

11EXERCISE THE BODY

12 MEDITATE

13HONOR GOD AND MOTHER EARTH OR HOW YOU SEE THE

THERE IS ALOT OF INFORMATION ON THE CP AND ALOT IS WRITTEN HERE.  JUST DO THE FIRST THING AND KNOW YOURSELF.  YOULL BE JUST FINE.  WHEN YOUR MOTHER SEES AND FEELS YOUR PEACE SHE WILL COME AROUND MY MOTHER HAS AND WISHES SHE HAD STARTED SOONER THAT IM NOT BAD OR WRONG ITS JUST THE WAY I BELIEVE.  MY FAITH IS STRONG AND I FEEL YOURS IS TOO.  TAP INTO IT. I HOPE THIS HELPS A LITTLE

linwood
by on Feb. 23, 2009 at 1:03 PM

I am exploring also and you said exactly how I feel. Thank you.

Mrs.BAT
by on Mar. 21, 2009 at 9:08 PM

I'm sorry I'm of no help in telling you what you sound like (religiously), but I can tell you that you do NOT sound psycho! I am in the EXACT kind of situation you are in. If you ever want to talk about things, please feel free to message me! I would love to talk to someone who is going through something similar to me. If you have messengers:

vlads_lil_psycho@yahoo.com (yahoo, of course lol)

bad_2thebone@live.com (msn)

Death4Conformity (AIM)

And I also have myspace and the IM, so if you want to add me: www.myspace.com/maddie122107 and it's private so you'll need my e-mail, but it's my yahoo I put earlier. Good luck to you, and I agree with what the first person said. That was a really nice response, I'm glad I read that.

I'm a breastfeeding and formula feeding, co-sleeping, anti-CIO, cloth diapering, in your face, obnoxious, smoking, God-fearing, married, young, proud southern mommy. If you have a problem with that, too bad.
feeding babybreastfeeding My groups: http://www.cafemom.com/group/relactatingmommies ,   http://www.cafemom.com/group/depressedyoungmoms  ,  http://www.cafemom.com/group/youngsmokers

heavensent423
by New Member on Mar. 26, 2009 at 1:41 AM

well finally a group who undrstands. i have always been drawn to wicca but have always been told it is wrong. I have study the bible enought o know that thisis not competely true. so recently i have started practicing. just learing allof this and i am glad i found this group

ShoelaceGirl
by on Mar. 26, 2009 at 11:27 PM

I bet everyone in this group can say this. You're not alone. Don't worry so much about labels. Focus on your thoughts and develop your own theories.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)