Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cat help please!

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2012 at 9:06 AM
  • 13 Replies
  • 515 Total Views

We have two female cats (both not fixed) that just DON'T get along. The cat we got second just picks fights left and right with the first cat. I had to put the bully cat on the patio (enclosed) today just so the other one could get a good play in and eat without looking over her back or hiding in something. They will use the same cat box, but wont eat from the same dish.

The first cat has not had a good play in for days, today she is just running around having fun since I have put bully cat on the patio

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

by on Mar. 19, 2012 at 9:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
homeskoolmama
by on Mar. 19, 2012 at 9:09 AM

I am part of a CM group called Cat lovers group. you should join us. Lots of advise and sharing of fur moms :-)

www.cafemom.com/group/6976

When cats act out of character something is wrong. You may want to contact your vet to make sure shes not sick.

SusanTheWriter
by on Mar. 19, 2012 at 9:33 AM

How long have you had them both? It's taken almost a year for my pets to be able to get along.

mommaslilmen
by New Member on Mar. 19, 2012 at 10:32 AM

We got them a week apart. Got the first cat Feb 29, Second about a week later

ICPclwnLOV
by on Mar. 21, 2012 at 2:05 PM

Get.Them.Fixed. One of my cats was the same way but worse. I got her fixed and she literally did a 180 overnight. She loves the other cats,she doesnt try to attack the kids and she is super friendly and cuddly now. Very sweet. Im glad getting her fixed worked because if it didnt, I was going to have to get rid of her.

PuppetDani
by New Member on May. 13, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Most cats wont eat out of the same dish.  territory and all...

mommaslilmen
by New Member on May. 14, 2012 at 6:41 AM
I forgot to update here. We had to get rid of the first cat. It came down to always messing on our bed. A couple weeks later we found out the second cat (who was a stray) was pregnant and must have been right before we got her. A week ago she had 6 adorable kittens. Yes she will get fixed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PuppetDani
by New Member on May. 14, 2012 at 8:33 AM

awwww  baby kittehs....

Quoting mommaslilmen:

I forgot to update here. We had to get rid of the first cat. It came down to always messing on our bed. A couple weeks later we found out the second cat (who was a stray) was pregnant and must have been right before we got her. A week ago she had 6 adorable kittens. Yes she will get fixed

mommaslilmen
by New Member on May. 14, 2012 at 10:58 AM

this is a couple days ago, they were a week old yesterday. Woke up at 930am to find she had one baby. By 1230 all 6 were born and have been doing great since. Only one has opened their eyes and they are turning into little puff balls :) We have 3 boys and 3 girls, 3 look like momma and 3 are solid grey backs, white bellies and have a little white on their face.....and insist no matter what laying on at least one of their brother and sisters

Quoting PuppetDani:

awwww  baby kittehs....

Quoting mommaslilmen:

Snowcat60
by New Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Where did the first cat go?

mommaslilmen
by New Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:09 PM

took her to a shelter, she was having issues that led to scratching herself all the time and using my bed as a litter box several nights in a row. my couch is comfy but not that comfy to sleep on all the time. overall we didn't have the patience with her knowing she did know how to use a litter box and it stays clean

Quoting Snowcat60:

Where did the first cat go?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)