Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dog allergies

Posted by on May. 24, 2012 at 8:15 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 327 Total Views

We just got the results back from allergy testing on one of our dogs.  Does anyone know a web site I can input them ALL into and get some suggestions.  OMG, she is even allergic to potatoes.  The list is HUGE.

butterfly

by on May. 24, 2012 at 8:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
marklorna
by Group Owner on May. 27, 2012 at 7:51 PM

We ended up having the vet give our dog steroid shots to help with his allergies.  We did try a raw food diet with him, but he almost died from it.  There must have been a small amount of bacteria in his food and he ended up with a severe infection from the diet. 

I don't know of any websites, but good luck in finding something that works for her.

ZmomBare
by New Member on May. 29, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Our doctor ($800) later has us on a path to her recovery....  

butterfly

gr8d8n3mom
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 10:49 AM

I know this is an older post, and I saw where u said ur Vet has ur fur baby on road to recovery.

Our Rat Terrier, is also an allergy baby, our vet told us, we could send his blood off to Auburn University Collegy hosp.They will test his blood, and make a serum for his allergies, so we could give him allergy shots just like they do ppl! (I'm not sure if that is what ur doing or not) Vet said it would cost $100 bucks for the blood draw and test, don't know about the serum(unless that was total)

We are doing allergy food diet, and 1/4 of 10 mg of Prednisone every other day, when he has his "flares".

planning a wedding

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN