Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My dog is alive!

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 6:29 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 485 Total Views
1 mom liked this

We are so happy, one of our dogs has alot of health issues.  She almost die two months ago and we really have to watch her activity.

The saddest thing happened when I rushed her to the pet ER, it was closing time with her normal doctor, I called told him her symptoms, he told me to get to the ER fast.  He got information to them of what they needed to do to save her life.  When I got there, they wanted the money up front before they would even see her in the ER ($1200)  Yea right, I just have that kind of money available immediately...  Basically the receptionist told me to take her home.  (I was carrying in a 70 lb dog in cardiac arrest).

I hurried up and called her doctor and he was about to lock up for the night, he told me to rush her to him and he would stay.  Praise God, he saved her.

That night I slept on the floor next to her kennel and before she and I went to bed, I laid my head in there and prayed with tears wondering if it was just her time to die.  (she is only 3 yrs old)

Two months later, she is doing so much better, yes we did have to spend alot of money on her (plus we have 5 human children).  With alot of changes in her diet and activity level she is soooo much better.

Her mom died when the pups were 3 weeks old and we raised her and her sister since.  They are three yrs old now.  One is healthy. I guess Nima inherated her mothers health DNA.

Her daddy is or should I say was a healthy 14 yr old dog (he died about a year ago from old age.

Thanks for reading my praise report.

butterfly

by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 6:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Ferne
by Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 8:54 AM

I am glad things are going so well for her now. It sounds like all your love and caring for her is making the difference. I hope she continues to be better.

ZmomBare
by New Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Every day is a blessing, also a challenge.  I just have to accept the fact she may have a short life with us.

grey7399
by Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 1:36 AM

God bless your regular vet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)