Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My poor ferret is not feeling well.

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 11:55 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 334 Total Views

So she has diarrea.  We had to change her food cuz the store was out of the marshals which we normally get.  I asked the store clerk (she has ferrets too) which I should get and she gave us a bag that she uses when the store is out of marshals.  I don't think its the food though, I'm pretty sure its the little bite of brownie my dh gave her.  She just laid in her bed all day yesterday looking at me with that sick kid look.  She seems better today, she ran around when I pulled her out and was biting my toes and stuff.  So whatever it is its leaving her system.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 11:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Ferne
by Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 1:27 PM

I'm not sure about ferrets but chocolate is toxic to other animals, so theres a good chance that it was the brownie, but changing food with dogs causes diahrhea also. You might consider getting him some pedialyte for infants ( not sure I spelled it right) that will replensh the electrolytes that he is losing from the diarrhea.  I'm glad she is feeling good enough to bite your toes today. It sounds like she will do ok.

HaileysMom07180
by Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Yeah i didn't give her a lot of brownie.  about as much as is in an m&m which she has stolen and eaten a few times.  whatever it was, she seems to be doing ok.  she had a little tummy ache last night again, not as playful.  dh thinks she really likes the new food and is eating way too much so we have started just giving her tiny handfuls more frequently until she starts pooping normally again.

Quoting Ferne:

I'm not sure about ferrets but chocolate is toxic to other animals, so theres a good chance that it was the brownie, but changing food with dogs causes diahrhea also. You might consider getting him some pedialyte for infants ( not sure I spelled it right) that will replensh the electrolytes that he is losing from the diarrhea.  I'm glad she is feeling good enough to bite your toes today. It sounds like she will do ok.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)