Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Doggie incontinence

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 11:47 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 272 Total Views

I have a Huskie who is about 7 yrs old. She is neutered. She has been having urinary incontince issues for awhile now. The vet really didn't have much to say about it but a different vet is working her up for thyroid problem. Has anyone heard of a hypoactive thyroid causing incontinence?confused

by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 11:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
grey7399
by Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 1:42 AM

I don't have any experience with that.  I hope you get some answers.

Did you google the issue?  Press him.  Make him state specifics and get details.  Make sure he isn't just sucking money off you with random bullshit tests.

EarlGrayHot
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Make sure there is no infection.  You might consider those doggie diapers until you figure it out.

stargazerwolf
by Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 12:39 AM

It can but I think it's fairly uncommon to. I would test her for infection as well though. http://www.vetinfo.com/symptoms-of-underactive-thyroid-in-dogs.html here is some info about hypoactive thyroid. It could be since dogs with hypothyroid get infection easier that a bladder infection did come from the condition, but not necessarily the condition itself causing the incontinence. Hope you can figure it out, I'd be talking to your vet about it more.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)